Looking for logging thermometer

bmet
bmet Solar Expert Posts: 630 ✭✭
Is there an inexpensive thermometer which can log highest and lowest temps over a perior of several days? I'd to know how warm my remote shed gets now that it's fully insulated, circulates air, and has a cooler south face.

Thank you

Comments

• BB.
    BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,431 admin
    Re: Looking for logging thermometer

You can find USB devices... Probably starting around $20-$50 or so:

http://www.usbfever.com/index_eproduct_view.php?products_id=257

-Bill
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset
  • Vic
    Vic Solar Expert Posts: 3,208 ✭✭✭✭

And a more basic one can be found at Radio Shack. It i s powered by a single AAA battery, has indoor, and outdoor temps -- outdoor uses a sensor at the end of about 10-12 feet of small diameter cable.. The display shows indoor and outdoor temp, and is settable for either degrees F or C. It has an indoor humidity display, which may or may not be accurate, it is limited to a minimum display of 20% indoor RH. A pushbutton allows the dispaly of high and low indoor/outdoor temps.

Use two of them here, and they have been fine. Use the putdoor probe to display the battery temp, asi it is attached to a battery with all the other BTSes.

At $20. retail seemed a bit expensive, But have had these two for about five years, and they will run for 3-4 months on a single rechargeable NIMH battery, and no probs with either of them.

Vic
    Off Grid - Two systems -- 4 SW+ 5548 Inverters, Surrette 4KS25 1280 AH X2@48V, 11.1 KW STC PV, 4X MidNite Classic 150 w/ WBjrs, Beta KID on S-530s, MX-60s, MN Bkrs/Boxes.  25 KVA Polyphase Kubota diesel,  Honda Eu6500isa,  Eu3000is-es, Eu2000,  Eu1000 gensets.  Thanks Wind-Sun for this great Forum.
  • bmet

Thank you BB and Vic. The USB data logger is almost what I am looking for. Got to seek out one that would work for Mac or Linux OS.
  • RCinFLA
    RCinFLA Solar Expert Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭✭

http://www.amazon.com/Extech-TH10-TEMPERATURE-USB-Datalogger/dp/B001CN5JKA/ref=pd_sim_hi_1

Extech also make a temp logger for $55 and temp + humidity for $85
  • bmet

Thanks, still hoping to find one compatible with 'other' OS.