The end is near.!!!!

john p
john p Solar Expert Posts: 814 ✭✭✭
Good bye friends,Nice to have known you
Im off to Solar Heaven now. ,
See you there.
Pray to your inverters for salvation now. repent the buying of MSW inverters.
May the Sine Waves be with you.;)

Comments

• niel
    niel Solar Expert Posts: 10,300 ✭✭✭✭
    Re: The end is near.!!!!

john,
    why are you leaving us?:confused::confused:
  • Cariboocoot
    Cariboocoot Banned Posts: 17,615 ✭✭✭
    niel wrote: »
    john,

Methinks he's having a bit of a razz over the latest End Times prediction scheduled for Saturday the 21st at 6:30 PM EST. Half an hour earlier in Newfoundland <- Canadian joke. :p

That's about the 7,000th prediction of doomsday within my lifetime alone. So far, all wrong.

Of course the whole universe is destroyed and recreated every instant, according to one theory.

But this is rather far off the path for the forum so perhaps the whole thread should suffer its own personal apocalypse. :roll:
  • nvyseal
    nvyseal Solar Expert Posts: 108 ✭✭✭✭
    niel wrote: »
    john,

Rapture 21st. Niel ;)

I've been in confession for about an hour now. We took an intermission. ;)
  • icarus
    icarus Solar Expert Posts: 5,436 ✭✭✭✭

When the rapture comes,,, can I have your PV?

Tony
  • Frxddy
    Frxddy Solar Expert Posts: 113 ✭✭✭✭

The world ends today! Details in the Sunday Telegram. :)
  • solar_dave
    solar_dave Solar Expert Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭✭

can you please transfer all your valuables to my Paypal account before you go?
  • Jim45D
    Jim45D Solar Expert Posts: 102 ✭✭

DO NOT, let me repeat, DO NOT leave here without leaving us your panels and inverter, batteries too, if you have them.
    Peace Brother....
  • XRinger
    XRinger Solar Expert Posts: 529 ✭✭✭

False alarm, early this morning.. :grr

http://ecorenovator.org/forum/appliances-gadgets/1479-grid-failure-alarm.html#post13628
  • waynefromnscanada
    waynefromnscanada Solar Expert Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭✭
    Frxddy wrote: »
    The world ends today! Details in the Sunday Telegram. :)

Hahaha I love it :)
  • JESSICA
    JESSICA Solar Expert Posts: 289 ✭✭

Friends:

With all due respect:

Did you stop for just a minute to think that there is a chance somebody maybe actually dying, or will undergo a serious and risky surgery and, then, is seriously saying good-by just in case?

I AM NOT SAYING THIS IS THE CASE NOW. But if it was, wouldn’t it be really sad that we joke about such a possibility?

May be I am too old or too pessimistic. Maybe my commentaries are just plainly stupid. But since I consider all of you my friends (even those who now and then rebuke me for my ignorance), I would not like it if you made fun of my good-by words.

John: I certainly hope you are ok. And, if so, just laugh at my stupidity!
  • BB.
    BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,431 admin

I am assuming it is pretty much in every mainstream TV/Radio/Paper in the US--there is a preacher who is predicting the Rapture to begin round 7pm today (EDT) and all of the media is making fun of him (apparently he has made these predictions before).

For whatever reason--this is the "fun news" that they are headlining/wrapping up their newscasts with.

John included jokes in his post as well as mentioning salvation and repentance. I assume referencing the Rapture above...

Obviously, for many, Rapture is serious theological business... But, at least in the English US press--They always seem to find that one guy that is carrying the "End is Near" sign in any large crowd.

-Bill
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset
  • solar_dave

We have a better chance of predicting the big one in California, than when the good Lord sees fit to end this life. Those that think they can read the mind of God are just silly.
  • john p

I kinda thought this line was a bit of a giveaway that its very much tongue in cheek."Pray to your inverters for salvation now. repent the buying of MSW inverters"
    Only the good die you so I got centuries to go yet.
  • icarus

Glad I don't live in Omaha:

sorry for the dupe,
  • icarus

glad I don't live in Omaha,
  • Photowhit
    Photowhit Solar Expert Posts: 6,002 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ... the latest End Times prediction scheduled for Saturday the 21st at 6:30 PM EST....

In case it's true I'd like to offer every one a free beer, tomorrow!

Picture to follow...
    Home system 4000 watt (Evergreen) array standing, with 2 Midnite Classic Lites,  Midnite E-panel, Magnum MS4024, Prosine 1800(now backup) and Exeltech 1100(former backup...lol), 660 ah 24v Forklift battery(now 10 years old). Off grid for 20 years (if I include 8 months on a bicycle).
    - Assorted other systems, pieces and to many panels in the closet to not do more projects.
  • Cariboocoot
    Cariboocoot Banned Posts: 17,615 ✭✭✭

Well I make it 7:02 PM EST and the whole world is still here.
    What a surprise. :roll:
  • XRinger
    XRinger Solar Expert Posts: 529 ✭✭✭

Actually, not everyone is still here..

I just heard, Harold Camping is missing. In his office, they found a pile
    of his clothing, shoes, his watch, all his dental fillings, a pacemaker & his I-phone... :roll:
  • dwh
    dwh Solar Expert Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭

Ah man...that sucks. I think I missed the end of the world. And I put on clean underwear and everything (mom said to always have on clean underwear...just in case).

Oh well. So when's the next TEOTWAWKI so I can pencil it in?
  • niel

john,
    i did not know for sure if you were serious or not and is why i asked. good everything is fine with you.

anyway, i got a chuckle out of a few of these responses. i had heard something about this so called doomsday prediction from my other half, but paid no attention to it. i was going to poke holes in any christian based predictions, but i don't want to push that aspect here as we don't want to get into religious matters.

in any case have fun at it as the guy is just another kook.
  • john p

Thank you everyone that joined in . I think it was a bit of fun for all. The good thing was no one mentioned any particular religion so no one of any religious belief can feel ridiculed.:cool:
  • JESSICA
    JESSICA Solar Expert Posts: 289 ✭✭
    XRinger wrote: »
    Actually, not everyone is still here..

I just heard, Harold Camping is missing. In his office, they found a pile
    of his clothing, shoes, his watch, all his dental fillings, a pacemaker & his I-phone... :roll:

In heaven without his i-phone? Then it is NOT heaven!
  • solar_dave
    JESSICA wrote: »

They gave him a droid so he could see FLASH!
  • woodedpath
    woodedpath Registered Users Posts: 9

Everyone wait I think it's happening.

I feel an earthquake.

A tinny one but it's still a shake.

There it is again, but this time with giggling.

False alarm everyone it's just kids taking turns falling of the couch.
  • mike95490
    mike95490 Solar Expert Posts: 9,583 ✭✭✭✭✭
    dwh wrote: »
    Ah man...that sucks. I think I missed the end of the world. And I put on clean underwear and everything (mom said to always have on clean underwear...just in case). .....

I thought the plan was that the underwear was going to be left behind. All those nekid bodies in heaven :blush:

sorry, hit the wrong button. no harm done. niel
    Powerfab top of pole PV mount | Listeroid 6/1 w/st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | Iota 48V/15A charger | Morningstar 60A MPPT | 48V, 800A NiFe Battery (in series)| 15, Evergreen 205w "12V" PV array on pole | Midnight ePanel | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph ) on a timer for 3 hr noontime run - Runs off PV ||
    || Midnight Classic 200 | 10, Evergreen 200w in a 160VOC array ||
    || VEC1093 12V Charger | Maha C401 aa/aaa Charger | SureSine | Sunsaver MPPT 15A

solar: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar
    gen: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Lister ,

• john p
    JESSICA wrote: »

Eating an Apple (product)a day would cause severe financial hardship,and extreme bowel discomfort.
    The chosen ones will be issued with Samsung smart phones. And a free copy of how to make a Magniwork,Magnetic Power Generator . Approved for use in all locations in heaven.:-)
  • niel
    mike90045 wrote: »
    I thought the plan was that the underwear was going to be left behind. All those nekid bodies in heaven :blush:

now as i was going to say before i hit the wrong button,
    are there going to be nekid iguanas too?:confused::p
    btw, it's the end of the world and nobody had the decency to notify me.:-)
  • petertearai
    petertearai Solar Expert Posts: 471 ✭✭✭✭

Because ,as we all know the Earth is round.Therefor there is No end to it.
    2225 wattts pv . Outback 2kw  fxr pure sine inverter . fm80 charge controller . Mate 3. victron battery monitor . 24 volts  in 2 volt Shoto lead carbon extreme batterys. off grid  holiday home 
  • silvertop
    silvertop Solar Expert Posts: 155 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think my new 100W panel got raptured! I just received it today but it was the wrong size! I'm hoping I still have time to return It for the correct size panel:roll:
  • BB.
    BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,431 admin

I guess then that would be the "second coming". ;)

-Bill
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset
This discussion has been closed.