New firmware available for Schneider/Xantrex, but not on website

2»

Comments

• RegGuheert
    RegGuheert Solar Expert Posts: 102 ✭✭✭✭
    Re: New firmware available for Schneider/Xantrex, but not on website
    This now a mature product so there should be little advantage to doing any firmware upgrade unless you have a reason. If it is not broke you still have the chance to break it. It is one of the reasons that X did not want to make firmware upgrades too easy to do! BTW, I agree with them if you can't tell! Good Luck!
    I can tell! ;)

So far it DOES appear to be a mature product, but since I am seeing discussion of problems connecting to a generator, I thought I would investigate so that I would be prepared if I faced it.

I do agree with you that updating firmware is a good way to create a boat anchor. While I have never had the fortune of having something "brick" on me, I have come close and have read many such horror stories on the internet.

Based on your advice, I think I will sit tight and see how things go with the generator start stuff. Thanks for reeling me in! :D
  • Dave Angelini
    Dave Angelini Solar Expert Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Your welcome. I bet you will be fine. I do not have grid-tie customers but all of my offgrid XW inv/chg's have not needed firmware updated. Only the CC needed firmware and that was years ago.
    "we go where power lines don't" Sierra Nevada mountain area
       htps://offgridsolar1.com/
    E-mail offgridsolar@sti.net

• VTP energy
    VTP energy Registered Users Posts: 7
    RegGuheert wrote: »
    I can tell! ;)

So far it DOES appear to be a mature product, but since I am seeing discussion of problems connecting to a generator, I thought I would investigate so that I would be prepared if I faced it.

I do agree with you that updating firmware is a good way to create a boat anchor. While I have never had the fortune of having something "brick" on me, I have come close and have read many such horror stories on the internet.

Based on your advice, I think I will sit tight and see how things go with the generator start stuff. Thanks for reeling me in! :D

Xantrex firmware update is on schinder electrics page under downloads, if you use win 7 you need the additional drivers
  • VTP energy
    VTP energy Registered Users Posts: 7
    RegGuheert wrote: »
    No, I cannot. There is not enough information in this thread.

Let me reword the question to be more clear:

This system has the following information displayed:

XW6048 00
    Model #865-1000
    Serial #00001462CC93
    Firmware Rev. 1.05.00 BN 11

Is the revision "865-1000.01_07_00.BN0003" a newer version of the firmware for this inverter or is it firmware for a different inverter (like for later serial numbers)?

i have all the updates for the XW6048 and drivers for win 7. if you have a Gen start you have to config that in the XW config. i just got back from the renewable energy show in tampa and i meet with schider. i have 4 XW6048 in my system and since i changed generators i had to reconfig the auto start