need reviews of this heater

2»

Comments

• russ
    russ Solar Expert Posts: 593 ✭✭
    Re: need reviews of this heater

When I searched on the net yesterday I found several mini splits with aux heat. I have two such units on the maids house.

Everything this side of the pond is 240 volt so that would not be a restriction.

Most all units have the small crankcase heater mentioned.

Many, if not all, have a defrost arrangement for cold weather for the outside unit.

Some units have the electric resistance heating in the event of too cold ambient temperatures.
  • SteveK
    SteveK Solar Expert Posts: 387 ✭✭

Russ I found a few as well. I posted these back a few. If you don't mind could you post any others you have found? I'm looking for around 9K singles or 18k multi's of which I've found only Sanyo ceiling units.

Thanks!
  • LucMan
    LucMan Solar Expert Posts: 223 ✭✭✭
    SteveK wrote: »
    Russ I found a few as well. I posted these back a few. If you don't mind could you post any others you have found? I'm looking for around 9K singles or 18k multi's of which I've found only Sanyo ceiling units.

Thanks!

I believe those Sanyo units are discontinued as they were R-22 units with SEER ratings of <13
    You won't need the backup electric with a properly sized INVERTER unit unless your outdoor temps go below 5F for extended periods. If you do need the additional heat put in a several feet of electric baseboard.

Perform a heat loss calculation on your rooms to find out what your heat loss is at your design out door temp, and size accordingly.
    remember electric heat has a COP of 1
    inverter heat pump has a COP > 1.8