Go green all the way!!!!

I am looking to purchase solar panels and inverters batteries for the people in Haiti who lost everything; Please help.
:cool:

Comments

• BB.
    BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,431 admin
    Re: Go green all the way!!!!

Do you have a plan for how much power you want to supply? A few lights, radio--or something larger for refrigerator, TV, etc...

Are you looking for something that will last a few years or are you looking for something with longer lasting panels/hardware/batteries?

-Bill
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset
  • icarus
    icarus Solar Expert Posts: 5,436 ✭✭✭✭

Think this through,,, Avoid the Ready, fire, aim syndrome that may come with all good intentions.
  • Solar Guppy
    Solar Guppy Solar Expert Posts: 1,989 ✭✭✭

Sounds more like a "help send me money" .... so I can help the people in Haiti

If you want to help, just donate to the Red Cross or other credible relief organization, one doesn't just send materials
  • mike95490
    mike95490 Solar Expert Posts: 9,583 ✭✭✭✭✭

here's the link to the open source plans for the BYU solar funnel cooker
    http://solarcooking.org/plans/funnel.htm
    can't hurt !
    Powerfab top of pole PV mount | Listeroid 6/1 w/st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | Iota 48V/15A charger | Morningstar 60A MPPT | 48V, 800A NiFe Battery (in series)| 15, Evergreen 205w "12V" PV array on pole | Midnight ePanel | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph ) on a timer for 3 hr noontime run - Runs off PV ||
    || Midnight Classic 200 | 10, Evergreen 200w in a 160VOC array ||
    || VEC1093 12V Charger | Maha C401 aa/aaa Charger | SureSine | Sunsaver MPPT 15A

solar: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar
    gen: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Lister ,

• niel
    niel Solar Expert Posts: 10,300 ✭✭✭✭
    rbelot wrote: »
    I am looking to purchase solar panels and inverters batteries for the people in Haiti who lost everything; Please help.
    :cool:

if you are going to purchase these items then the link for the store is at the top of the forum. if you are soliciting for $ we have no way of knowing the legitimacy of the charity involved if any at all. as such i view what you are doing as a get rich quick schemer unless you can show otherwise.
  • john p
    john p Solar Expert Posts: 814 ✭✭✭

Rbelot if you are genuine you are going to find that sending solar equipment to Haiti or any place like that is useless. Who is going to install it ?? Who is going to explain its limitations and how to use it? Who is going to provide on going service work on the equipment if a malfunction occurs?? In general people have no idea that most solar electricity systems have very limited output and you cant just go adding on items like lights etc almost without limit like you can on a grid system. I know this from sad experience that has happened in other third world countries .

You also dont show who you are. What experience you have in coordinating the collection and distribution of aid items. You say you "want to buy solar panels batteries etc" with who's money? yours ? collected money?? Are you a registered charity?:confused: