bms 250a 16s not working

Options
robocop
robocop Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭
Hi I am now changing my gel batteries to  a pack of 16  lipo4 3.2v  batteries 48v pack.

install the BMS 250a 16s according  instruction but the BMS wont start the batteries checked and the pack gives about 56v.

did make a short between P-  and B- and nothing happen..

Can anyone gives me clue how to ?

Did not attached the controller as connecting to the batt only should work.

Awaiting your reply

Bob

Comments

• littleharbor2
    littleharbor2 Solar Expert Posts: 2,046 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Your battery will not come alive until it is connected to a charging source. After connecting the controller try jumping it again to wake up the controller.

2.1 Kw Suntech 175 mono, Classic 200, Trace SW 4024 ( 15 years old  but brand new out of sealed factory box Jan. 2015), Bogart Tri-metric,  460 Ah. 24 volt LiFePo4 battery bank. Plenty of Baja Sea of Cortez sunshine.

• robocop
    Options
    Hi I did connect the controller  and I got the lcd screen working of the smart inverter but still the fan is not working.
    what are the most important I have to check on the screen? and the soc screen what is that tells me?
    Now a door has been open for me  thnks     little harbor
  • littleharbor2
    Options
    Soc screen should show how much current is going into the battery or is exiting the battery. Is it charging? 

2.1 Kw Suntech 175 mono, Classic 200, Trace SW 4024 ( 15 years old  but brand new out of sealed factory box Jan. 2015), Bogart Tri-metric,  460 Ah. 24 volt LiFePo4 battery bank. Plenty of Baja Sea of Cortez sunshine.

• robocop
    Options
    yes is changing going higher value . still the fan of the smart bmns not working only a green light on and off at the balancer
    j
  • littleharbor2
    Options
    I would imagine it would come on only when it needs to.

• robocop
    Options
    I cannot still get it working on my cellular although I did pair it with my bluetooth it gives two codes that both will not work. Do you something about that? 
  • littleharbor2
    Options
    I'd be just guessing, sorry. The fan shouldn't be working Is all I can say. If you are pushing the BMS hard I guess it would come on. I have a Daly BMS without any bluetooth so that's no help but I will say I have never heard the fan working in two years now. I wouldn't worry.