Resetting the Outback 3648

Options
softdown
softdown Solar Expert Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭✭
Mine has a hair trigger circuit breaker. It shuts down faster and easier than my household circuit breakers. That would be OK but the only way I can seem to reset the Outback is to disconnect the battery bank cables then re-connect. 

I tried the inverter switches including leaving them off for a minute or so. Nothing works except for disconnecting the battery bank. In my case that is a bit of a hassle. 

Anybody know the magic trick? 
First Bank:16 180 watt Grape Solar with  FM80 controller and 3648 Inverter....Fullriver 8D AGM solar batteries. Second Bank/MacGyver Special: 10 165(?) watt BP Solar with Renogy MPPT 40A controller/ and Xantrex C-35 PWM controller/ and Morningstar PWM controller...Cotek 24V PSW inverter....forklift and diesel locomotive batteries

Comments

• Dave Angelini
    Dave Angelini Solar Expert Posts: 6,761 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This inverter requires an OutBack MATE3S system display and controller.  You have this right?
    "we go where power lines don't" Sierra Nevada mountain area
       htps://offgridsolar1.com/
    E-mail offgridsolar@sti.net

• softdown
    Options
    Yes
    I prefer using the charge controller over the MATE, I find it far more intuitive. 
    First Bank:16 180 watt Grape Solar with  FM80 controller and 3648 Inverter....Fullriver 8D AGM solar batteries. Second Bank/MacGyver Special: 10 165(?) watt BP Solar with Renogy MPPT 40A controller/ and Xantrex C-35 PWM controller/ and Morningstar PWM controller...Cotek 24V PSW inverter....forklift and diesel locomotive batteries
  • softdown
    Options
    How is it done?