good site

Options
ws9876
ws9876 Solar Expert Posts: 440 ✭✭✭
You probably know this guy but I just found him. Sharp dude on Lith Iron batt cells from China.
https://www.mobile-solarpower.com
You Tube
1800$ for 48v 100 ah. that's not cheap but....?
If someone had a 12 volt RV what  could they do with a batt pack like this..?

Comments

• Photowhit
    Photowhit Solar Expert Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Might look for a 12 volt version of a 5 kWh battery bank.

Here's one put together from a US company, $1500 for a 12 volt 400ah;

EG4-LifePower4 Lithium Battery | 12V 400AH - Signature Solar

Home system 4000 watt (Evergreen) array standing, with 2 Midnite Classic Lites,  Midnite E-panel, Magnum MS4024, Prosine 1800(now backup) and Exeltech 1100(former backup...lol), 660 ah 24v Forklift battery(now 10 years old). Off grid for 20 years (if I include 8 months on a bicycle).
    - Assorted other systems, pieces and to many panels in the closet to not do more projects.
  • ws9876
    ws9876 Solar Expert Posts: 440 ✭✭✭
    Options
    In RVs from the factory all the wiring and controls are built in and generally not great quality.If I was install the eg4
    in a RV like that, what additional control would I need ? The original systems are all lead acid...and I assume they get charged
    by the engine too ...32 ft Thor motorhome with slides. stock...
  • geosierranevada
    geosierranevada Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭✭
    Options
    You may want to research the eg4 batteries before purchasing. Alot of problems with the BMS. Have a nice day.   George
    Off grid for 20 years. 5KW panels, Trace sw4024, Bergy XL1 wind generator, 3 EG4 Lifep04 200amphr batteries  3 SQF 2 well pump, 12kw back up gen.  Not easy living in the wilderness but it keeps you busy
  • Marc Kurth
    Marc Kurth Solar Expert Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Higher quality RV manufacturers have great wiring design/implementation in my experience.
    Nowadays, big RVs are migrating to 24v battery banks to feed their larger inverters. They use a stepdown converter to feed the comparatively small 12v loads. I don't know how big your RV system is, but you may want to consider a 24v core system if you have a large inverter.
    I always have more questions than answers. That's the nature of life.