Conext ComBox won't show management page

chris_solar
chris_solar Registered Users Posts: 7 ✭✭

we have the following Schneider products connected in this order

the combox is picking up ip 192.168.0.20.

when I navigate to the management page on http://192.168.0.20 I just get::

NOT FOUND

The requested object does not exist on this server.

I've done a full port scan & just see ftp on port 21.

I can connect to ftp for default user firmware & download the scheduler log

----------

[2021-12-27 00:04:05] Executing command: set MAINTENANCE 0

ERR

----------

[2021-12-27 00:07:05] Executing command: web_register

I've tried resetting the combox to defaults and also upgrading to the latest firmware

FW20180323-Conext ComBox Firmware Ver 3.08 BN874 (150-0279-03-08)

the following 2 lights are constantly lit after my reset and firmware update attempts.

Memory

Modbus

the power, status & xanbus are unlit.

I assume xanbus is working fine as I use the scp to make changes to the mppt & xw which take effect and also the scp shows live status, its only connected by xanbus so I assume xanbus is happy.

This was installed a few years back & the installer stopped coming back to resolve it.

any help greatly appreciated

Comments

• mike95490
    mike95490 Solar Expert Posts: 9,583 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My combox failed terminally on me about a year ago.   I miss it.  The gateway does not replace all the functions of the combox.
    I tried updates, resets, dozens of resets..  nada

Did you run the combox locator scrip from a computer (windoze) to verify the correct address ?
    Powerfab top of pole PV mount | Listeroid 6/1 w/st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | Iota 48V/15A charger | Morningstar 60A MPPT | 48V, 800A NiFe Battery (in series)| 15, Evergreen 205w "12V" PV array on pole | Midnight ePanel | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph ) on a timer for 3 hr noontime run - Runs off PV ||
    || Midnight Classic 200 | 10, Evergreen 200w in a 160VOC array ||
    || VEC1093 12V Charger | Maha C401 aa/aaa Charger | SureSine | Sunsaver MPPT 15A

solar: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar
    gen: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Lister ,

• chris_solar
    mike95490 said:
    My combox failed terminally on me about a year ago.   I miss it.  The gateway does not replace all the functions of the combox.
    I tried updates, resets, dozens of resets..  nada

Did you run the combox locator scrip from a computer (windoze) to verify the correct address ?
    I ran the script, & know the box Is connected to the network as I can ftp to it and retrieve a file, I have also enabled telnet via the script on the support page & its asking for authentication but It doesn't take any of the passwords

• Dave Angelini
    Dave Angelini Solar Expert Posts: 6,730 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    So you do not have the password? You can reset  also right?  Combox is obsolete and I disagree with Mike. It is so much better to use Conext Home or Facility than combox. The only thing that is missing is the logging and digital I/O. That is supposed to happen next year.
    "we go where power lines don't" Sierra Nevada mountain area
       htps://offgridsolar1.com/
    E-mail offgridsolar@sti.net

• chris_solar
    Thanks Mike, Dave,

the combox was purchased in 2018 and has never worked properly.

I could get the newer insight device but it'll be a while before it can get installed, I'd likely ship to my home, configure then ship to here (no doubt injuring extra charges) & hope my father can install it, its just 2 cables so shouldn't be too hard.

I'd like to get this combox working though as it wasn't cheap and shows signs of life.

I've reset the combox numerous times using the reset procedure & the log & config reset script.

enabling telnet using the script is trivial but it asks for a username and password which I can't see documented anywhere. I see the ftp passwords for firmware & logs documented and of course the web admin password is documented and listed on the reverse of the unit.