I don't know which provider to choose

pikaap
pikaap Registered Users Posts: 1
I don't know a lot about solar power, but we have decided to build a solar panel at home. 
My father and I have narrowed it down to two providers. I'm not sure what I should be careful for, so I ask you for help.

COMPANY

PRICE        

POWER

PANELS

WARRANTY (panel)

Sončni sistemi

15.054,19€        

22,14 kWp     

ODA 410-36-MH (OSDA Solar)

15 years

JB Energija

14.912,00€

22,20 kWp

TSM-DE08M(II) (THE HONEY M-TRINA SOLAR)      

25 years (power warranty)

This is the data I thought was most relevant. I kindly ask for you help.

Thank you!
Pika :)

Comments

• mcgivor
    mcgivor Solar Expert Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to the forum 

Solar companies come and go, therefore it's a question of who will be around to provide the warranty......probably neither in the 15-25 year future,  the lower cost with the higher panel  warranty would be the obvious initial choice, just don't expect them to be around in the unlikely event the panels would fail to perform to their expected lifespan.

The electronics needed, wether off grid or grid tied, would likely have issues way before the panels so it's important to select those with robust support and warranty coverage, the panels are of secondary concern......in my opinion.
    1500W, 6× Schutten 250W Poly panels , Schneider MPPT 60 150 CC, Schneider SW 2524 inverter, 400Ah LFP 24V nominal battery with Battery Bodyguard BMS 
    Second system 1890W  3 × 300W No name brand poly, 3×330 Sunsolar Poly panels, Morningstar TS 60 PWM controller, no name 2000W inverter 400Ah LFP 24V nominal battery with Daly BMS, used for water pumping and day time air conditioning.  
    5Kw Yanmar clone single cylinder air cooled diesel generator for rare emergency charging and welding.