MT50 SOLAR

Options
Hi, just gotmy first campervan and trying to sus the MT50 solar thingy. The icon on the left always shows nighttime. I cant seem to work out why it won't show daytime. Any ideas. I also had new battery fitted so not sure if that affected anything. Any kind of help would be great. Also, the load icon has lines rou d it, should these be off when not hooked up?

Comments

• littleharbor2
    littleharbor2 Solar Expert Posts: 2,044 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sounds like you might have the polarity reversed or a very poor connection. Check with a digital voltage meter.

2.1 Kw Suntech 175 mono, Classic 200, Trace SW 4024 ( 15 years old  but brand new out of sealed factory box Jan. 2015), Bogart Tri-metric,  460 Ah. 24 volt LiFePo4 battery bank. Plenty of Baja Sea of Cortez sunshine.

• Photowhit
    Photowhit Solar Expert Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    filbo said:
    Hi, just gotmy first campervan and trying to sus the MT50 solar thingy. The icon on the left always shows nighttime. I cant seem to work out why it won't show daytime. Any ideas. I also had new battery fitted so not sure if that affected anything. Any kind of help would be great. Also, the load icon has lines rou d it, should these be off when not hooked up?
    Not sure if I'm following you exactly, but if you replaced the battery, it's likely you need to disconnect the solar array and first connect the battery to establish the system voltage. Before you connect the solar array.
    Home system 4000 watt (Evergreen) array standing, with 2 Midnite Classic Lites,  Midnite E-panel, Magnum MS4024, Prosine 1800(now backup) and Exeltech 1100(former backup...lol), 660 ah 24v Forklift battery(now 10 years old). Off grid for 20 years (if I include 8 months on a bicycle).
    - Assorted other systems, pieces and to many panels in the closet to not do more projects.
  • Dimspark
    Dimspark Registered Users Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi
    i did this and got the same result. Fixed it by disconnecting everything, then connecting battery, then panel, then load in that order. 
    Dimspark