My BatteryHookup,com experience

softdown
softdown Solar Expert Posts: 3,819 ✭✭✭✭
FWIW - these folks get some "interesting stuff". Intrigued by their 32650 high performance LiFePo4 offer, I ordered 300 cells. Then it seemed  they didn't have the cells in stock. I wanted something quite soon indeed. I sent seven, yes 7, communications over the next five days. All were simply ignored. These were texts to the confirmation text number - not emails. 

They shipped today FWIW. After I cancelled a total of five, yes 5, times. All they had to do was say "They are in stock and will ship this week." Buyers are prone to panic when all questions are ignored. I then bought a different set from someone else - yesterday. 

FWIW. 

Is it even legal to ignore everything? I'm not sure about this. 
First Bank:16 180 watt Grape Solar with  FM80 controller and 3648 Inverter....Fullriver 8D AGM solar batteries. Second Bank/MacGyver Special: 10 165(?) watt BP Solar with Renogy MPPT 40A controller/ and Xantrex C-35 PWM controller/ and Morningstar PWM controller...Cotek 24V PSW inverter....forklift and diesel locomotive batteries

Comments

• mike95490
    mike95490 Solar Expert Posts: 9,583 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wait till you try to get your $ back after they bill you
    Powerfab top of pole PV mount | Listeroid 6/1 w/st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | Iota 48V/15A charger | Morningstar 60A MPPT | 48V, 800A NiFe Battery (in series)| 15, Evergreen 205w "12V" PV array on pole | Midnight ePanel | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph ) on a timer for 3 hr noontime run - Runs off PV ||
    || Midnight Classic 200 | 10, Evergreen 200w in a 160VOC array ||
    || VEC1093 12V Charger | Maha C401 aa/aaa Charger | SureSine | Sunsaver MPPT 15A

solar: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar
    gen: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Lister ,

• softdown
    Not even going to try to do that. 
    First Bank:16 180 watt Grape Solar with  FM80 controller and 3648 Inverter....Fullriver 8D AGM solar batteries. Second Bank/MacGyver Special: 10 165(?) watt BP Solar with Renogy MPPT 40A controller/ and Xantrex C-35 PWM controller/ and Morningstar PWM controller...Cotek 24V PSW inverter....forklift and diesel locomotive batteries
  • mike_s
    mike_s Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭
    mike95490 said:
    Wait till you try to get your $ back after they bill you
    If they bill him, they don't have his $.
  • softdown
    Two out of three boxes arrived. More worried than satisfied with that. FedEx likely called it a "completed delivery". I was out of town when the delivery was made. 
  • softdown
    The third box failed to arrive yesterday. I am not sure of the proper practice in that scenario. I emailed the supplier but have reservations about their customer service. About $500 on the line. 
  • BB.
    BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,439 admin
    If you know that the vendor sent three boxes (the tracking number should have that information), then contact the shipper first. They are the folks that "lost" the package.

-Bill
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset
  • softdown
    From the vendor - "Box number (3) is scheduled to be delivered on the 20th."

In this case their experience dealing with FedEx made it far easier for them to find out what was going on. It took me  at least 1/2 hour just to initiate the initial claim with FedEx. They also said they required proof. How does one prove that a box was missing anyway? 

Geez - I even pulled a security camera and looked for footage. All sorts of lost time.