Deleted - went off topic

Options
softdown
softdown Solar Expert Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭✭
Deleted - went off topic
First Bank:16 180 watt Grape Solar with  FM80 controller and 3648 Inverter....Fullriver 8D AGM solar batteries. Second Bank/MacGyver Special: 10 165(?) watt BP Solar with Renogy MPPT 40A controller/ and Xantrex C-35 PWM controller/ and Morningstar PWM controller...Cotek 24V PSW inverter....forklift and diesel locomotive batteries

Comments

• Marc Kurth
    Marc Kurth Solar Expert Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I am sorry to hear about your dog. Someone poisons my dog on my property, they would be shocked at my overreaction - but they wouldn't see it coming. There are some things that you just don't do.
    I always have more questions than answers. That's the nature of life.
  • softdown
    Options
    She was a great dog for 8 years - nickname was Missy Manners. Not much I can do without proof.

Odd thing is - food consumption has not changed at all - with the largest dog gone.  A neighbor liked to feed them - which really irritated me. Guard dogs are useless when thrown some meat. Good thing more do not take advantage of that. He once said he couldn't get Max to eat his offerings. Max is my champ pet though Missy was a great dog. It feels weird without the trio. I rarely do walks anymore. Lilly doesn't even show up without Missy - they came as a pair and were inseparable.

My life is almost non stop tragedy. But losing a pet dog to poisoning is up there.
    First Bank:16 180 watt Grape Solar with  FM80 controller and 3648 Inverter....Fullriver 8D AGM solar batteries. Second Bank/MacGyver Special: 10 165(?) watt BP Solar with Renogy MPPT 40A controller/ and Xantrex C-35 PWM controller/ and Morningstar PWM controller...Cotek 24V PSW inverter....forklift and diesel locomotive batteries
  • mcgivor
    mcgivor Solar Expert Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So sorry to hear about your loss, I lost 5 dogs in January due to poisoning, some, I suspect 3 may have been killing chickens at a nearby farm, 2 who would never leave the property must have eaten the throw up from the others. The 3 bad ones were not a great loss but the best ones died for nothing, it really was a downer. The youngest 2 survived probably due to pecking order, they have become much more friendly without the competition and are now well fed.

The relationship one develops with a dog is very personal, something others may not understand but may appreciate in a general sense if they too have lost a friend, it's very different when poison is the cause, natural causes or disease is acceptable, I had 4 die due to canine distemper a few years ago. The question of motivation behind the poisoning can drive one crazy, my thoughts were at first robbery,  but the chicken theroy is more plausible, but the end result was the same I lost my best friends, my advice is don't over think things, it won't reverse the outcome, but I do understand how you may feel.

1500W, 6× Schutten 250W Poly panels , Schneider MPPT 60 150 CC, Schneider SW 2524 inverter, 400Ah LFP 24V nominal battery with Battery Bodyguard BMS 
    Second system 1890W  3 × 300W No name brand poly, 3×330 Sunsolar Poly panels, Morningstar TS 60 PWM controller, no name 2000W inverter 400Ah LFP 24V nominal battery with Daly BMS, used for water pumping and day time air conditioning.  
    5Kw Yanmar clone single cylinder air cooled diesel generator for rare emergency charging and welding.
  • softdown
    edited May 2020 #5
    Options
    Thanks for the condolences fellows. I have an otherwise good neighbor who used to shoot all dogs that got into his acreage and ate chickens etc. I thought:
    1) He should have a fence. Has to be a better way than shooting or poisoning strays. 
    2) People should not let their dogs run loose continually. Losing them is tragic but so is losing ones pets to stray dogs. 

My dogs were confined except when we got in the car and hiked. The neighbor used to let his dogs run wild - they beat down a trail running back and forth barking at my dogs. 

I just think he is mentally ill. I'm certain he has done a fair amount of vandalism and theft - though it could be his friends who went over every day to smoke pot. I don't see them anymore.  The sheer volume points at a constant I think. BBs in car windows, scratched cement, hatchet in siding, missing items (a lot!), kicked out camper glass, siphoned gas, bent fencing, flat tires (every month), major major threat, now a dog poisoning. Time to move on. My opinion of the county and region is also shredded over time.

Why he fed my dogs all the time? I think it was so they would leave him alone when scouring my property.  The food consumption remains unchanged without the largest dog. Two large scoops/day. Simply bizarre.

The poisoning took place the day the electric fence was activated. It is strong - the rage must have been over powering for a sketchy character.

Most of us have several neighbors. I need to work on that with my next build. A shady neighbor, and their coterie, really messes things up badly. 

No use analyzing it folks. It is too complicated. 

Solar battery cables need to be very big.