Had to put my plans on hold. Now ready to go. Help me design my system please?
I am hoping I can get some forum help with designing and installing my system. I think I know what big components I need but I do not know the exact other parts and also about how to connect it all together. Maybe first I will list what I think I will buy so far (obviously feel free letting me know if I should get something different)
- Panels - 4x 100w panels from Lowes wired in parallel because the distance between my panels and batteries be around 15-20ft? https://www.lowes.com/pd/Grape-Solar-1-Module-41-0-in-x-27-0-in100-Watt-Solar-Panel/1000597657
- MPPT charge controller epever. https://www.amazon.com/EPEVER-Controller-Lead-Acid-Batteries-Discharging/dp/B07KW5W49J/ref=sr_1_8?dchild=1&keywords=solar+charge+controller+mppt&qid=1589163564&sr=8-8&th=1
- Inverter Magnum CSW2012.
- batteries: 6x Duracell GC2 sealed. Making a 12v system will give me I believe 645ah.
- MT50 monitor.
- I own a honda generator 2000. Which I will use to boost my system if need be. I also own IOTA Engineering DLS30
- I want a dedicated wall plug of 5v usb to charge phones and such.
- I need a dedicated 12v charger for my dewalt batteries. I saw they sell one that plugs into the car lighter? can I incorporate that one in my system?
- Run power to the fan in the outhouse. a 12v dc fan that is unless easier to run ac?
- I am assuming that whatever trailer I will buy I will be able to wire my system to feed the 12v from my batteries directly and my ac from my inverter directly to camper's ac system without too much complications? is that true?
- I want to have a few dedicated usb wall ports with 5v and 2.1 amp (or similar) that will run directly from my batteries to charge our phones and tablets. Is that something worth doing for the power savings? I will charge two phones and two tablets each night.
- My place is in upstate NY. Not 100% sure I will go up to the cabin in winter but if I am. Should I always bring my generator to charge the batteries when I get there then before leave so they stay in fairly charged mode?
0 · Share on Twitter