Midnight 150

tobyhunt
tobyhunt Registered Users Posts: 2

No results for Need help with midnite 150 they just keep blinking off and on. If I shut them will come back on but after 20 seconds or so same problem. I'm guessing a battery issue need advice.

Comments

• tobyhunt
    tobyhunt Registered Users Posts: 2
    If I leave them off a little while then go to boot back up everything looks great for 20 to 30 seconds then one stops doing anything and the other just blinks. There is a yellow and red light which are small in the left hand side that is blinking or on also after the 30s after resto. Thanks for any help I 
  • mcgivor
    mcgivor Solar Expert Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to the forum tobyhunt

The yellow led indicates a warning, red indicates a fault, each could be various issues, it would be helpful if you describe the system in detail so that those familiar with Midnight would be able to assist, also incude the reboot procedure, for example battery connected first, wait for controller to boot, then PV on, have you checked PV polarity? the more details the better. 
    1500W, 6× Schutten 250W Poly panels , Schneider MPPT 60 150 CC, Schneider SW 2524 inverter, 400Ah LFP 24V nominal battery with Battery Bodyguard BMS 
    Second system 1890W  3 × 300W No name brand poly, 3×330 Sunsolar Poly panels, Morningstar TS 60 PWM controller, no name 2000W inverter 400Ah LFP 24V nominal battery with Daly BMS, used for water pumping and day time air conditioning.  
    5Kw Yanmar clone single cylinder air cooled diesel generator for rare emergency charging and welding.
  • Estragon
    Estragon Registered Users Posts: 4,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would also help to know if this is a new installation, or a newly developed problem with an existing installation.
    Off-grid.  
    Main daytime system ~4kw panels into 2xMNClassic150 370ah 48v bank 2xOutback 3548 inverter 120v + 240v autotransformer
    Night system ~1kw panels into 1xMNClassic150 700ah 12v bank morningstar 300w inverter
  • Vic
    Vic Solar Expert Posts: 3,208 ✭✭✭✭

Hi tobyhunt,

In a quick look at the Members on  the MN Forum,   did not find the name that you are using here on that Forum.   There is a Tobytaylor there,   with some concerns about Classics,   but that Thread dated to Jan 2017 ...   May I ask,   what is your username on the (assumed) MidNite Fourm?

YES,   we really need to know much more about your system DETAILS,   your settings and more about the history ofthis system,   and the sequence of what occurred before you see the Yellow and Red LEDs flashing,   has been noted previously,  here.   The details  really do matter,   you know,   system voltage,   battery size and type,   PV array configuration (number of PVs per string,   and number of strings),   Specs on the PVs,  the number of Classics,   and so on.

As a note,   each Charge Controller (CC) needs its own separate PV array,   and the PV array's input voltage to the CCs needs to be within a certain range  --  neither too low,   nor too high,    ...    many details are important.

Thanks for and added info,   Vic

Off Grid - Two systems -- 4 SW+ 5548 Inverters, Surrette 4KS25 1280 AH X2@48V, 11.1 KW STC PV, 4X MidNite Classic 150 w/ WBjrs, Beta KID on S-530s, MX-60s, MN Bkrs/Boxes.  25 KVA Polyphase Kubota diesel,  Honda Eu6500isa,  Eu3000is-es, Eu2000,  Eu1000 gensets.  Thanks Wind-Sun for this great Forum.
  • Photowhit
    Photowhit Solar Expert Posts: 6,002 ✭✭✭✭✭
    tobyhunt said:
    If I leave them off a little while then go to boot back up everything looks great for 20 to 30 seconds then one stops doing anything and the other just blinks. There is a yellow and red light which are small in the left hand side that is blinking or on also after the 30s after resto. Thanks for any help I 
    Do you have a standard display classic? Could you give us system information from the screen as well as what you battery and array setup is? If it's a 150 lite, could you give voltage from battery bank and from array if possible.

Home system 4000 watt (Evergreen) array standing, with 2 Midnite Classic Lites,  Midnite E-panel, Magnum MS4024, Prosine 1800(now backup) and Exeltech 1100(former backup...lol), 660 ah 24v Forklift battery(now 10 years old). Off grid for 20 years (if I include 8 months on a bicycle).
    - Assorted other systems, pieces and to many panels in the closet to not do more projects.
  • halfcrazy
    halfcrazy Solar Expert Posts: 720 ✭✭✭
    This sounds like either to low of a battery voltage, a high resistance connection on the battery to classic wiring or something wrong int he classic causing it to boot loop, I am assuming the yellow and red led you are seeing are inside the classic?