New Solar Invertor owner, error, help? :(

CDM
CDM Registered Users Posts: 2
Hi, I just had a 2 solar panel, 2500w invertor package installed by my rv dealer; and I can't run the thing more than a minute before it starts beeping!

I start it up; fridge is on gas, basically nothing is plugged in;
It starts are 11.8v, 0.0A, 41%right  now (strange because I had been driving/ had it plugged in right before I left earlier today.)

The numbers show that the voltage drains down to 9.7 over the course of a minute ,says "INV -146.5....and moved up to -150 over the course of a minute, before giving me 4 beeps repeatedly,  and the power button on the remote goes red, saying 

UVP Shutdown

I'm on a work trip and need this thing performing. Help? <3

Model is a Go Power! GP- ICR - 50

Comments

• petertearai
    petertearai Solar Expert Posts: 471 ✭✭✭✭
    battery voltage looks to be too low . Investigate why ,  maybe a charging problem . 12.6 Volts is approximatly a fully charged battery .
    2225 wattts pv . Outback 2kw  fxr pure sine inverter . fm80 charge controller . Mate 3. victron battery monitor . 24 volts  in 2 volt Shoto lead carbon extreme batterys. off grid  holiday home 
  • mcgivor
    mcgivor Solar Expert Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018 #3
    CDM said:
    Hi, I just had a 2 solar panel, 2500w invertor package installed by my rv dealer; and I can't run the thing more than a minute before it starts beeping!

I start it up; fridge is on gas, basically nothing is plugged in;
    It starts are 11.8v, 0.0A, 41%right  now (strange because I had been driving/ had it plugged in right before I left earlier today.)

The numbers show that the voltage drains down to 9.7 over the course of a minute ,says "INV -146.5....and moved up to -150 over the course of a minute, before giving me 4 beeps repeatedly,  and the power button on the remote goes red, saying 

UVP Shutdown

I'm on a work trip and need this thing performing. Help? <3

Model is a Go Power! GP- ICR - 50
    Welcome to the forum CDM

More information is needed, no mention of battery, charge controller, panel wattage etcetera, most of us are not clairvoyant, so more details would be most helpful.
    1500W, 6× Schutten 250W Poly panels , Schneider MPPT 60 150 CC, Schneider SW 2524 inverter, 400Ah LFP 24V nominal battery with Battery Bodyguard BMS 
    Second system 1890W  3 × 300W No name brand poly, 3×330 Sunsolar Poly panels, Morningstar TS 60 PWM controller, no name 2000W inverter 400Ah LFP 24V nominal battery with Daly BMS, used for water pumping and day time air conditioning.  
    5Kw Yanmar clone single cylinder air cooled diesel generator for rare emergency charging and welding.
  • littleharbor2
    littleharbor2 Solar Expert Posts: 2,037 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's a huge inverter. What are you powering that would need that much power?  You should have 4/0 cables connecting the battery and inverter. 

An inverter that size will drain a I-2 battery sized bank all by itself with no loads at all in short order if it has been left on .

2.1 Kw Suntech 175 mono, Classic 200, Trace SW 4024 ( 15 years old  but brand new out of sealed factory box Jan. 2015), Bogart Tri-metric,  460 Ah. 24 volt LiFePo4 battery bank. Plenty of Baja Sea of Cortez sunshine.

• Estragon
    Estragon Registered Users Posts: 4,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does the RV have a shore power system, and if so, is it plugged in?

This appears to be a MSW inverter designed for portable use.  If tied into an AC system in which neutral and ground are bonded, either in the RV or in shore supply, bad things can happen.  If this is remotely possible **DON'T USE THE INVERTER until this is checked out**.

This unit doesn't appear to have an internal transfer switch, so it would have to be wired properly into an external shore power transfer switch.  If not, this type of inverter may create a dead short internally, which would account for the sudden drop in battery voltage (and will destroy the inverter, and potentially the RV).  Could be something else, but best to rule this out!

Off-grid.  
    Main daytime system ~4kw panels into 2xMNClassic150 370ah 48v bank 2xOutback 3548 inverter 120v + 240v autotransformer
    Night system ~1kw panels into 1xMNClassic150 700ah 12v bank morningstar 300w inverter
  • CDM
    CDM Registered Users Posts: 2
    I'll guess I'll need to get some more information together before I can get a more solid answer on this; thanks everyone!