Cotek ??? Never again...

Options
2»

Comments

• South Africa
    South Africa Solar Expert Posts: 295 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Why can they not do a transfer with Cotek Australia?
    5kVA Victron Multiplus II, 5.2kW array, 14kWh DIYLifepo4 bank, all grid-tied.

• mathias
    mathias Registered Users Posts: 31 ✭✭
    Options
    Well, you ask me too much !

Why Taiwan didn't care when i told them, after they refused to repair my inverter for free, that i will put many bad reviews about their service on the internet, and why Americas feel so bad they'll give me another one ?

I guess even if they share the name and products, it's completely differents companies...

Good idea for the replacement board, i'll check with them.
  • mathias
    Options
    Ok the inverter was sent today. As i said, it's 12v, not 48v, and 1000w not 1500w. Factory refurbished... At least it has a 230v output ! Thanks folks for letting me know the boost transformer wasn't a good idea...
    Well, i had to pay for shipping but i hope it will be worth...
    It will be used in a new smaller 12v system i'm planning.

So, am i happy ?
    Sure, who wouldn't be to have a free inverter ?
    I just re read all this thread, and i still mean all that i said.
    I of course thanks Cotek Americas, their offer is very kind, and much appreciated after all this story.
    Of course i would have preferred not to have to go all this troubles to get there.

This was the first time i claimed something for warranty.
    Apparently this is one part that is dealed differently according to companies.

Let's say i was not lucky that time : i picked the bad apple (0,5% failures...) and the guy who took the decision not to repair my inverter didn't had his coffee that day...

I will be able to see if next Cotek inverter will last more than a year, which i hope.

And if it last more than 2, i might even consider buy Cotek again...

At least i will know i have to send it back tu Cotek Amzrixas if i have a problem, not in Taiwan !
  • bitterwolf
    bitterwolf Registered Users Posts: 1
    Options
    Do you still have a contact email for the Cotek Americas? 
  • Tecnodave
    Tecnodave Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2019 #36
    Options
    For your information.....Cotek inverters are switch selectable 50/60 hz.  Can't change the voltage though. I have 6 years on my Cotek SK-1500-124 a 24 volt 1500 watt unit with no problems whatsoever. I have installed several newer models , the SD-1500-124-HW and SD-1500-148-HW and have had no problems what so ever. I do have to shut if off when equalizing my large format FLA banks as the voltage will exceed Cotek's recommended maximum voltage.

I applaud Cotek for reading the forum and responding to the issue. What Chinese company will do that?  Cotek is the only offshore inverter that I will use.
    2 Classic 150, 2 Kid, 5 arrays 7.5 kw total  2ea.  2S6P Sharp NE-170/NE-165, 1ea. 12P Sanyo HIT 200,  2ea. 4/6P Sanyo HIT 200, MagnaSine MS4024AE, Exeltech XP-1100,  2 Banks L-16 battery, Rolls-Surette S-530 and Interstate Traction, Shunts with whizbangJr and Bogart Tri-Metric, iCharger i208B  dc-dc buck/boost converter with BMS for small form lithium 8S 16650 or LiFePO4,
  • mathias
    Options
    Hi bitterwolf,

Not sure they would like me to share it on the forum on not...
    Here's the one listed on their website, I think they should be able to answer.

info@cotek.ca

Just to add to this old story, the 12v 1000w model they sent me was used on a small back up system for 2 years. As such it was more often off than on, but proved very good when on ( could run a fridge, a freezer and a washing machine together without any surge problem...).
    Few weeks ago, it failed... There's a fault code that is apparently meaning "AC fault" and so no output...
    Didn't had the time to investigate more yet.

Mat
  • mathias
    Options
    You could also try to contact COTEK Support, who offered to help here at post #15
  • mcgivor
    mcgivor Solar Expert Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    mathias said:
    Hi bitterwolf,

Not sure they would like me to share it on the forum on not...
    Here's the one listed on their website, I think they should be able to answer.

info@cotek.ca

Just to add to this old story, the 12v 1000w model they sent me was used on a small back up system for 2 years. As such it was more often off than on, but proved very good when on ( could run a fridge, a freezer and a washing machine together without any surge problem...).
    Few weeks ago, it failed... There's a fault code that is apparently meaning "AC fault" and so no output...
    Didn't had the time to investigate more yet.

Mat
    My Cotek SW 2000 suffered a surge from a nearby lightning strike, same AC fault with no output, was an excellent inverter while it worked.
    1500W, 6× Schutten 250W Poly panels , Schneider MPPT 60 150 CC, Schneider SW 2524 inverter, 400Ah LFP 24V nominal battery with Battery Bodyguard BMS 
    Second system 1890W  3 × 300W No name brand poly, 3×330 Sunsolar Poly panels, Morningstar TS 60 PWM controller, no name 2000W inverter 400Ah LFP 24V nominal battery with Daly BMS, used for water pumping and day time air conditioning.  
    5Kw Yanmar clone single cylinder air cooled diesel generator for rare emergency charging and welding.