Erasing internal Data log for Tristar MPPT 60

Options
DMJ72
DMJ72 Solar Expert Posts: 131 ✭✭
Good night,

I have searched the manual and online, and unless I am in dire need of glasses, I am unable to find out how to erase the internal data log. I have spurious entries due to controller resets and config changes. Would like to clear them out and start fresh.

The push button only resets a fault, and the menu will reset AH values and min/max battery values from the display =

"This display screen can be used to reset the reset-able Ah value. Additionally, this operation will reset the battery mini- mum and battery maximum values displayed in the Operating Displays. Hold the right arrow pushbutton for 2 seconds.."

Anyone know how?

Comments

• Slappy
    Slappy Solar Expert Posts: 251 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Re: Erasing internal Data log for Tristar MPPT 60

Do you have "Ms view" installed on your computer?
  • DMJ72
    DMJ72 Solar Expert Posts: 131 ✭✭
    Options

Hi Slappy,

Yes I have it installed but do not see any way to erase the log. I got this reply from Morningstar's tech support this afternoon :

"Hello David, Unfortunately, the TriStar Data Log can not be cleared." :(
  • Slappy
    Slappy Solar Expert Posts: 251 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Their correct. Just got finished searching my self could not find it. It been along time using msview. I thought that it can be done. My bad my mind is getting to old.
  • mike95490
    mike95490 Solar Expert Posts: 9,583 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

There is a portion of the log that can be reset, but you cannot erase the whole thing.
    Powerfab top of pole PV mount | Listeroid 6/1 w/st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | Iota 48V/15A charger | Morningstar 60A MPPT | 48V, 800A NiFe Battery (in series)| 15, Evergreen 205w "12V" PV array on pole | Midnight ePanel | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph ) on a timer for 3 hr noontime run - Runs off PV ||
    || Midnight Classic 200 | 10, Evergreen 200w in a 160VOC array ||
    || VEC1093 12V Charger | Maha C401 aa/aaa Charger | SureSine | Sunsaver MPPT 15A

solar: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar
    gen: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Lister ,