In Need of a good DC clamp meter

soloronesolorone Posts: 239Solar Expert ✭✭✭
I have a Fluke  #36 meter that will not stay fixed to read DC amps.  I can read  - and + and get the difference fairly reliably with large loads. It seems to be a Fluke flaw, as through the years I have bought 2 more of them used at a good price, and each has the same problem.   I need to clamp  500 MCM.

Notice I did not say cheap, but a good price would be helpful.  :)

Comments

• PhotowhitPhotowhit Posts: 4,705Solar Expert ✭✭✭✭
    Keep your eyes open, I found a Fluke 376 For $125, pretty much unused. The guy did maintenance for wind turbines and got a replacement each year from company and pretty much never swapped them out...

Where are you located? I'd be sure to check Facebook market place and letgo or whatever phone app is hot today. I see more things on FB market place than I do on Craigslist these days.
    Home system 4000 watt (Evergreen) array standing, with 2 Midnite Classic Lites,  Midnite E-panel, Prosine 1800 and Exeltech 1100, ForkLift battery. Off grid for @13 of last 14 years. 1000 watts being added to current CC, @2700 watts to be added with an additional CC.
  • mcgivormcgivor Posts: 2,211Solar Expert ✭✭✭✭✭
    1500W, 6× Schutten 250W Poly panels , Schneider MPPT 60 150 CC, Schneider SW 2524 inverter, 400Ah LFP 24V nominal battery bank 

• soloronesolorone Posts: 239Solar Expert ✭✭✭
    Thanks folks, I will take a closer look at the FB market, never paid much attention to it before. Cheers.