In Need of a good DC clamp meter

solorone
solorone Solar Expert Posts: 257 ✭✭✭
I have a Fluke  #36 meter that will not stay fixed to read DC amps.  I can read  - and + and get the difference fairly reliably with large loads. It seems to be a Fluke flaw, as through the years I have bought 2 more of them used at a good price, and each has the same problem.   I need to clamp  500 MCM.

Notice I did not say cheap, but a good price would be helpful.  :)

Comments

• Photowhit
    Photowhit Solar Expert Posts: 6,002 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keep your eyes open, I found a Fluke 376 For $125, pretty much unused. The guy did maintenance for wind turbines and got a replacement each year from company and pretty much never swapped them out...

Where are you located? I'd be sure to check Facebook market place and letgo or whatever phone app is hot today. I see more things on FB market place than I do on Craigslist these days.
    Home system 4000 watt (Evergreen) array standing, with 2 Midnite Classic Lites,  Midnite E-panel, Magnum MS4024, Prosine 1800(now backup) and Exeltech 1100(former backup...lol), 660 ah 24v Forklift battery(now 10 years old). Off grid for 20 years (if I include 8 months on a bicycle).
    - Assorted other systems, pieces and to many panels in the closet to not do more projects.
  • mcgivor
    mcgivor Solar Expert Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    1500W, 6× Schutten 250W Poly panels , Schneider MPPT 60 150 CC, Schneider SW 2524 inverter, 400Ah LFP 24V nominal battery with Battery Bodyguard BMS 
    Second system 1890W  3 × 300W No name brand poly, 3×330 Sunsolar Poly panels, Morningstar TS 60 PWM controller, no name 2000W inverter 400Ah LFP 24V nominal battery with Daly BMS, used for water pumping and day time air conditioning.  
    5Kw Yanmar clone single cylinder air cooled diesel generator for rare emergency charging and welding.
  • solorone
    solorone Solar Expert Posts: 257 ✭✭✭
    Thanks folks, I will take a closer look at the FB market, never paid much attention to it before. Cheers.