The right way to connect DC terminals

Nabiru3Nabiru3 Posts: 13Registered Users ✭✭
So in the back of my inverter (in the DC terminals section) I have a cable lug, nut, washer and a washer lock. And I have no idea how to put them in the right order. Should the cable lug be connected directly to the terminal end of the inverter ? or should I put the washer and its locker between the cable lug and the terminal end ? Please help 😥.

*attached is an image of my situation, I placed them in the order I think it's most appropriate but didnt tighten them up.

Comments

• EstragonEstragon Posts: 2,840Registered Users ✭✭✭✭✭
    IMHO, the lug probably goes on first, then the washer (to spread load over more of the lug), then lock washer, and nut last.
    Off-grid.  
    Main daytime system ~4kw panels into 2xMNClassic150 370ah 48v bank 2xOutback 3548 inverter 120v + 240v autotransformer
    Night system ~1kw panels into 1xMNClassic150 700ah 12v bank morningstar 300w inverter
  • mcgivormcgivor Posts: 2,211Solar Expert ✭✭✭✭✭
    Terminal first, plain washer second, spring washer third then nut, torqued to specification.
    1500W, 6× Schutten 250W Poly panels , Schneider MPPT 60 150 CC, Schneider SW 2524 inverter, 400Ah LFP 24V nominal battery bank