The right way to connect DC terminals

Nabiru3
Nabiru3 Registered Users Posts: 13 ✭✭
So in the back of my inverter (in the DC terminals section) I have a cable lug, nut, washer and a washer lock. And I have no idea how to put them in the right order. Should the cable lug be connected directly to the terminal end of the inverter ? or should I put the washer and its locker between the cable lug and the terminal end ? Please help 😥.

*attached is an image of my situation, I placed them in the order I think it's most appropriate but didnt tighten them up.

Comments

• Estragon
    Estragon Registered Users Posts: 4,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    IMHO, the lug probably goes on first, then the washer (to spread load over more of the lug), then lock washer, and nut last.
    Off-grid.  
    Main daytime system ~4kw panels into 2xMNClassic150 370ah 48v bank 2xOutback 3548 inverter 120v + 240v autotransformer
    Night system ~1kw panels into 1xMNClassic150 700ah 12v bank morningstar 300w inverter
  • mcgivor
    mcgivor Solar Expert Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Terminal first, plain washer second, spring washer third then nut, torqued to specification.
    1500W, 6× Schutten 250W Poly panels , Schneider MPPT 60 150 CC, Schneider SW 2524 inverter, 400Ah LFP 24V nominal battery with Battery Bodyguard BMS 
    Second system 1890W  3 × 300W No name brand poly, 3×330 Sunsolar Poly panels, Morningstar TS 60 PWM controller, no name 2000W inverter 400Ah LFP 24V nominal battery with Daly BMS, used for water pumping and day time air conditioning.  
    5Kw Yanmar clone single cylinder air cooled diesel generator for rare emergency charging and welding.