lithium battery

rasakumarrasakumar Posts: 1Registered Users
I want to use lithium battery for the ups. So any ups available with the option of varying the charging voltage?
Tagged:

Comments

• BB.BB. Posts: 27,933Super Moderators, Administrators admin
    Many good quality inverter chargers are programmable for charger settings (Schneider, Magnum, possibly outback).

Mostly medium to larger inverter-chargers.

Do you have an inverter wattage rating and battery bus voltage you are looking for?

Bill
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset
  • Raj174Raj174 Posts: 644Solar Expert ✭✭✭✭
    Outback Power makes Radian 4000 and 8000 watt inverter chargers with 7 modes of operation, one of them is a UPS mode. The charger can be configured to charge lithium batteries.

I have the Radian GS4048A, and although I haven't used the UPS mode, I have used the Radian to charge my 207AH LiFePO4 battery bank from the grid a number of times prior to bad weather events.

Rick
    3600W PV, MNE175DR-TR epanel modified, MN Classic 150, Outback Radian GS4048A, Mate3, 54.4V 207AH LiFePO4 no BMS, 4500W genset.
  • BB.BB. Posts: 27,933Super Moderators, Administrators admin
    Generally, you have to pick the correct number of cells to give you (for example 22-23 volts low voltage cutoff and somewhere around 30 volts maximum (different Li Ion chemistries have different min-max ranges).

And most most Likely Ion have zero temperature compensation for charging voltage.

Bill
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset
  • mcgivormcgivor Posts: 2,226Solar Expert ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2 #5
    There are always the drop in replacements for lead acid, no experience personally, but asking the manufacturer may be an option worth looking into
    https://www.solar-electric.com/battle-born-bb5012-50ah-12v-lithium-battery.html
    What I do know by asking the manufacturer directly is they are constructed with many small cells in a series parallel configuration, with a built-in  BMS, their claim of 100% DOD, inclues a safty margin, in other words, their capacity is actually greater than the nominal rating, so 100% discharge is actually 90%, likewise the 100% charged is actually ~95%, to prevent overcharging/discharging.
    1500W, 6× Schutten 250W Poly panels , Schneider MPPT 60 150 CC, Schneider SW 2524 inverter, 400Ah LFP 24V nominal battery bank