Mixed solar panels

solarvic
solarvic Solar Expert Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭✭
] Now after I bought 2 of the mitsubishi 175 w panels they have become obsolete. So now I want to get 4 of those Shuco S SPU-4 180 panels that are suposed to be obsolete to run with the mitsubushi panels. 2 strings of 3 with 2 schuco and 1 mitsu.
Mitsubushi PV-UD175MF5 Schuco S SPU-4 180 watt
maxium pmax 175w 180
output tolerance +3%-3% +5%-5%
warented minium 169.8 minium from string chart ptc watts 161.6
VOC 30.2v VOC 30.4
ISC 7.93A ISC 8.03A
VMP 23.9V VMP 24.2V
IMP 7.32 IMP 8.03
module efficiency 12.7 13%
Does this sound like a good match with 2 strings?
1 mitsubishi panel with 2 of the sdhuco panels per string? If i added 1 more string consisting of 3 shuco panels would it make too much of a mismatch. What I want to do is charge 1 set of 4 400 amp l-16 batterys for 24 volt or 1 set of 8 batterys at 48 volt. Leaning toward using the sw 4024 inverter with 1 set of 4 batterys. I have a gaswell that I am trying to make use of and want to run the generator enough to keep the electric bill close to a zero balance. I don,t plan on exporting any power to utility, just want to dedicate a couple circuits such as furnace in winter and air in summer. I am hoping that just the 2 mixed strings will keep the battery topped off. These solar panels are identical in size and look like twins. S:Dlarvic[/HTML]

Comments

• niel
    niel Solar Expert Posts: 10,300 ✭✭✭✭
    Re: Mixed solar panels

solarvic,
    now it just might be that i'm getting older, but i had trouble following your train of thought. it may help to post the 158's specs as well. maybe try to simplify what you are trying to ask.
  • solarvic
    solarvic Solar Expert Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭✭
    niel wrote: »
    solarvic,
    now it just might be that i'm getting older, but i had trouble following your train of thought. it may help to post the 158's specs as well. maybe try to simplify what you are trying to ask.
    Deleted all the stuff about the sharp and kyocero panels. I had bought a couple mitsubushi panels to make my string a little higher with my sharps I had. Finally decided to run 2 of the kc 158g which is working ok. I don,t need any help with the sharp and kc 158g panels now.
    So Now I have 2 mitsubushi panels and was wondering how they would match up with some shuco panels that are also are discontinued. All the specs are in #1 post. Left side has mitsubushi, right side of page has the shulco specs. W I think all information is on post #1 S:Dlarvic
  • niel
    niel Solar Expert Posts: 10,300 ✭✭✭✭

close enough, go for it.