Trace 2524 Inverter manual

tkc100
tkc100 Solar Expert Posts: 67 ✭✭✭✭
I recently acquired a Trace 2524 inverter with the turbocharger option.
I have been unable to locate a manual for it.
I know that Trace was bought out by Xantrex but I was unable to find anything on their website for this inverter.
I am hoping someone might have one or could steer me in the right direction to find one.
Thanks!

Comments

• solarvic
    solarvic Solar Expert Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭✭
    Re: Trace 2524 Inverter manual
    tkc100 wrote: »
    I recently acquired a Trace 2524 inverter with the turbocharger option.
    I have been unable to locate a manual for it.
    I know that Trace was bought out by Xantrex but I was unable to find anything on their website for this inverter.
    I am hoping someone might have one or could steer me in the right direction to find one.
    Thanks!

Google AFFORDABLE SOLAR , dlick archives, go to inverter, off grid inverter. xantrex You can download a copy of the sw manual. I got one there. Think it is over 158 pages. Print all odd pages first, Then rearange them and print the even pages on the other side. I learned that the hard way one time after I printed everything on one side. I think they use the same manual for all the different sizes of inverters. Solarvic
  • tkc100

Thanks for the reply
    I went to Affordable Solar but was unable to find anything on the older Trace inverters.
    What I did find was a lot of information for the Xantrex DR and SW models.
    This unit I have is the predecessor to these models
    It's a Trace 2524
    All I have been able to find so far is some comments on the internet and a data sheet.
    Seems as though everyone thought highly of the inverter and you would think someone somewhere would still have a manual.
  • Solar Guppy
    Solar Guppy Solar Expert Posts: 1,989 ✭✭✭

That looks like @1992-4 time frame unit ... trace was sold in 2001 and only the products that were being sold at that time Xantrex offered for download .. that thing is SO old is pre internet, so you maybe out of luck finding documentation
  • loonie
    loonie Registered Users Posts: 10

Found this old 2012 version. http://www.xantrex.com/web/id/301/docserve.aspx It might have some similarities.
  • tkc100

Yes I agree.
    If I had to guess I would place this unit in the early 90s.
    It's old but from what I can tell there's still a number of them in use today.
    I looked at the manual for the 2012 and there are many similarities and differences.
    It's a 2k 12 volt model. You know I would really prefer the 12 volt model but this one came to me as kind of a gift. The price on a 2k inverter is pretty steep and if I can make this one work so much the better.
    If push comes to shove I can probably piece together enough information to at least check the unit out.
  • solarvic
    solarvic Solar Expert Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the reply
    I went to Affordable Solar but was unable to find anything on the older Trace inverters.
    What I did find was a lot of information for the Xantrex DR and SW models.
    This unit I have is the predecessor to these models
    It's a Trace 2524
    All I have been able to find so far is some comments on the internet and a data sheet.
    Seems as though everyone thought highly of the inverter and you would think someone somewhere would still have a manual.
    That affoedable solar archives does have a lot of information and you can download thier manuals. I didn,t realize your inverter was pre sw. I have a sw 4024 inverter That says Trace on the front but has a label on the side that says XANTREX. I think when they made the SW 4024 series 11 so they could cheapen the cost a little. Took out gen start and made an option, ECT. If I was you I would get the manual for your 12 volt model that was put on here. The similiarity should apply except amp requirements and how heavy of wire you need ect. Vic:D
  • tkc100

I cruised through the manual for the 2012 and it appears as though there are in fact enough similarities that I can make do.
    I was just hoping against hope that someone might still have a copy of their manual for this ooooold 2524.
  • arkieoscar
    arkieoscar Solar Expert Posts: 101 ✭✭

I installed 4 of those back in '93 with 96 quadlam, 6 volt panels and a big bank of gelcell telephone batteries. The guy burned the place down with a chimney fire a few years ago so I know there aren't any manuals left. They were solid units but made quite a bit on noise when loaded. He had way too much money and not much sense.
  • System2
    System2 Posts: 6,290 admin

I have a manual for the Trace 2524. What do you need to know?

Lindsay
  • tkc100

Well it has been some time now and the project with the Trace 2524 kind of got on the back burner.
    I have located a owner's manual for this Inverter Charger.
    If you own or have recently acquired one of these inverters you will be happy to have the manual.
    There are a series of dip switches without any explanation as to what they might be for on the unit.
    The manual clearly explains their proper settings.
    The manual I have is in a PDF format and weights in at a little of 3 MB so nicks to attaching it.
    If you would like a copy send me a P-mail.
  • System2
    System2 Posts: 6,290 admin

Glad to hear someone found a Trace Inverter manual. I too, have been searching for awhile. If it's still available it would be great to get a copy from you. Thanks!
  • tkc100

Tinkertoy

Sorry to take so long in responding to your post.
    Been off the grid for the past month or so.
    I do have a copy of the manual and would be happy to share it but can't within the confines of this forum.
    The file is PDF and is about 3 MB
    Send me an P-mail with an e-mail address and I will send you the file.
  • tkc100

Earlier this week I received the following e-mail
    Donald1979Y has just replied to a thread you have subscribed to entitled - Trace 2524 Inverter manual - in the General Solar Power Topics forum of Solar Electric Power Discussion Forum by Northern Arizona Wind & Sun.
    However I don't see the message
    So Donald1979Y if you're looking for the manual I do have it but can't attach it to a message in this forum. Its too large.
    Happy to send it to you but need an e-mail address.
    Use the P-mail (private messages) to send me your e-mail address.
  • BB.
    BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,431 admin

Donald was a spammer out of China.

-Bill
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset
  • tkc100

Glad to see you are on top to that kind of stuff.
  • papaken115
    papaken115 Registered Users Posts: 1
    Well it has been some time now and the project with the Trace 2524 kind of got on the back burner.
    If you own or have recently acquired one of these inverters you will be happy to have the manual.
    There are a series of dip switches without any explanation as to what they might be for on the unit.
    The manual I have is in a PDF format and weights in at a little of 3 MB so nicks to attaching it.

I know this thread is a bit old but glad I found it. I was given a Trace 2524 yesterday without any manual at an estate sale. I would love to get a copy of the manual for it if it is still available.
  • Spanishproject
    Spanishproject Registered Users Posts: 2
    papaken115 wrote: »
    I know this thread is a bit old but glad I found it. I was given a Trace 2524 yesterday without any manual at an estate sale. I would love to get a copy of the manual for it if it is still available.

I too am looking for the Trace 2524 manual, so if anyone reading this has one, please send me a p-mail?
    I have an option to purchase this inverter from a near neighbour at our place in Spain. He has the manual in German (paper form), but as I am currently in the UK, can't read German and trying to design the complete system it would be a great advantage to have it in pdf in English!! - any advise would be appreciated.
  • Blackcherry04
    Blackcherry04 Solar Expert Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭

The TR series was replaced by the DR series. I think they are pretty much the same except Some DR's have a different type control board and setting procedure. When Trace changed to Xantrex I am not really sure that all the manuals got the models numbers right., because the DR model Manual still calls it a "TR". It's is clearly not because the DR stands for Digital controller.

Anyway look it over.

http://www.wholesalesolar.com/pdf.folder/inverter%20pdf%20folder/XantrexDROwnersManual.pdf

Here is another version with the new digital controller.

http://www.solarpanelstore.com/pdf/Trace_Series_Operation_Manual%28975-0391-01-01_rev-A%29.pdf
  • Spanishproject
    Spanishproject Registered Users Posts: 2

Thanks for the links - interesting reading! I am not sure if these relate to the pre-Xantrex 2524 or not. When I get hold of the German version these may help in the translation/deciphering.
  • Blackcherry04
    Blackcherry04 Solar Expert Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the links - interesting reading! I am not sure if these relate to the pre-Xantrex 2524 or not. When I get hold of the German version these may help in the translation/deciphering.
    I am not really sure of the model you have. If you have the inverter I'd guess you know if it looks like the one in the manuals. I'd say your's is a export model and is 220 V , 50 hz output. Most of the settings are are for the batteries and standby settings. Good Luck.
  • gusto11071
    gusto11071 Registered Users Posts: 2

I recently bought a TRACE U2512SB Inverter Charger and I know that is a 12 Volt system instead of the 24 Volt version , but I am sure that they should be somewhat similar, just to get an idea on how to go about installing this inverter. Thanks for the links and the information on this forum.
  • gusto11071
    gusto11071 Registered Users Posts: 2

Xantrex has them on their website, as discontinued manuals, they are pretty clear. The 2500 series is what they have it under, they cover all three volt variations 12, 24, 48, I also found the Original manual for my U2512SB and have made a PDF file of and I also have it in paper form if anyone is interested.
    http://www.xantrex.com/documents/Discontinued-Products/875-1.pdf
  • markmyers
    markmyers Registered Users Posts: 1

Hello,

I have recently acquired two of these old Trace 2524 inverters. If at all possible, I would like to get a copy of the part of the manual that explains the dip switch settings. My inverters have two sets of dip switches just to the right of the five external buttons. The first set has 8 dip switches, the second set has 6 dip switches. Do you have this information? Thanks kindly, Solar Mark
  • BB.

This thread may help:

Trace 2524 Inverter manual

-Bill
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset
  • SimbaSolar
    SimbaSolar Registered Users Posts: 1
    I know this is old string and I see you have not responded lately but if you have the 2524SB manual I could sure use a copy. We have customer with one brand new still in the box he found in his garage?
  • Dave Angelini
    Dave Angelini Solar Expert Posts: 6,728 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    "we go where power lines don't" Sierra Nevada mountain area
       htps://offgridsolar1.com/
    E-mail offgridsolar@sti.net

• irvin
    irvin Registered Users Posts: 1

Some one sold me the trace us 2524  without a manual, I'd be grateful if you could please send me the pdf too.
  • BB.
    edited September 2019 #29
    Irvin, welcome to the forum,

Can you tell us more about the model number, the post Dave made a few years ago was for the U25xx version... And his link is still good.

-Bill
  • littleharbor2
    littleharbor2 Solar Expert Posts: 2,036 ✭✭✭✭✭

2.1 Kw Suntech 175 mono, Classic 200, Trace SW 4024 ( 15 years old  but brand new out of sealed factory box Jan. 2015), Bogart Tri-metric,  460 Ah. 24 volt LiFePo4 battery bank. Plenty of Baja Sea of Cortez sunshine.

• Bunkysdad
    Bunkysdad Registered Users Posts: 38 ✭✭
    This is why I love my Xantrex ProSine 2.0 (a former ‘stellar’ Trace design), but dislike Xantrex - they quit servicing and supporting only a year or so after my new purchase, and their LinkLite meter lacks the ability to accurately track LiFePO4 SOC…