Samlex Inverters

nigtomdaw
nigtomdaw Solar Expert Posts: 705 ✭✭
Samlex America have launched a new range of TSW inverter chargers that appear to have a very attractive $ per power price, they seem to have on the larger models at least the same case dimensions as Xantrex DR and new TR models. Has anyone had any expeireinces with them I would like to here.

They seem to offer TSW performance at DR and TR MSW cost.

Nigel

Comments

• GreenerPower
    GreenerPower Solar Expert Posts: 264 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Re: Samlex Inverters

Found this test report on the 2000W unit.
    GP
  • nigtomdaw

GP thanks for that very interesting

Nigel
  • mike95490
    mike95490 Solar Expert Posts: 9,583 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looks impressive, but now after seeing the photos, and trying to compare descriptions, a Thermal Switch is not a thermistor.

There is also a lot of bare, exposed terminals on the output circuit breakers.

I was hoping to spot a review of the Morningstar Suresine, but I guess it was too small.
    Powerfab top of pole PV mount | Listeroid 6/1 w/st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | Iota 48V/15A charger | Morningstar 60A MPPT | 48V, 800A NiFe Battery (in series)| 15, Evergreen 205w "12V" PV array on pole | Midnight ePanel | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph ) on a timer for 3 hr noontime run - Runs off PV ||
    || Midnight Classic 200 | 10, Evergreen 200w in a 160VOC array ||
    || VEC1093 12V Charger | Maha C401 aa/aaa Charger | SureSine | Sunsaver MPPT 15A

solar: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar
    gen: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Lister ,

• DaveH9
    DaveH9 Registered Users Posts: 13

I read the review, did I miss the part about the idle draw? I have heard that their smaller SL inverters draw a good amount of power when idle, is this the case on the 2000w?
  • nigtomdaw

Yes it appears there search and idle draw are high compared with the competition, reading several spec sheets

Nigel
  • westbranch
    westbranch Solar Expert Posts: 5,183 ✭✭✭✭

Nigel, is this the page you are referring to?

http://samlexamerica.com/pure_sine_wave_inverters.htm

the test GP showed was for an Invercharger, honkin big .....

Eric

KID #51B  4s 140W to 24V 900Ah C&D AGM
    CL#29032 FW 2126/ 2073/ 2133 175A E-Panel WBjr, 3 x 4s 140W to 24V 900Ah C&D AGM 
    Cotek ST1500W 24V Inverter,OmniCharge 3024,
    2 x Cisco WRT54GL i/c DD-WRT Rtr & Bridge,
    Eu3/2/1000i Gens, 1680W & E-Panel/WBjr to come, CL #647 asleep
    West Chilcotin, BC, Canada
  • nigtomdaw

Eric it is the S series Invercharge that I was interested in.

Nigel
  • halfcrazy
    halfcrazy Solar Expert Posts: 720 ✭✭✭

there 2000 watt unit is pretty impressive for the money. They claim the newer units have a very low idle draw lower then outback? Will be interesting to see if anyone has actually tried one?
  • highway-equipment
    highway-equipment Registered Users Posts: 11

I just purchased the S-3024. I will be installing hopefully in the next couple weeks. I would be glad to let you know whatever I can if you are still interested.
  • nigtomdaw

I have a 2024E unit with me for install next week, I have read the manual its not a OB or X spec in any way but its well built and if it does what it says on the label, it will be a milestone for inverter chargers at true sine wave spec wiping out X new TR series and others who still promote budget MSW units, we shall see

Ive been wrong b4
    Nigel
  • JESSICA
    JESSICA Solar Expert Posts: 289 ✭✭
    I just purchased the S-3024. I will be installing hopefully in the next couple weeks. I would be glad to let you know whatever I can if you are still interested.

Certainly, I am interested!
    Please tell me what you have found.
  • JESSICA
    JESSICA Solar Expert Posts: 289 ✭✭

Quote:
    Originally Posted by highway-equipment

Certainly, I am interested!
    Please tell me what you have found.