just cannot get it to work on my posts

So far I have tried to add some writing to the bottom of my posts and it says 100 words max
but other members posts have 125 words or more.:cool:

Anyone know how or why.

Comments

• BB.
    BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,432 admin
    Re: just cannot get it to work on my posts

Not that I know of... There is a 1,000 or 5,000 CHARACTER limit (don't remember which). And a minimum post size (like 17 characters or something).

I will send Windsun (admin) a note and see if he has been changing anything.

-Bill
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset
  • mike95490
    mike95490 Solar Expert Posts: 9,583 ✭✭✭✭✭

Post or Sig or other text fields ? Mayeb some anti-spam measures for new posters
    Powerfab top of pole PV mount | Listeroid 6/1 w/st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | Iota 48V/15A charger | Morningstar 60A MPPT | 48V, 800A NiFe Battery (in series)| 15, Evergreen 205w "12V" PV array on pole | Midnight ePanel | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph ) on a timer for 3 hr noontime run - Runs off PV ||
    || Midnight Classic 200 | 10, Evergreen 200w in a 160VOC array ||
    || VEC1093 12V Charger | Maha C401 aa/aaa Charger | SureSine | Sunsaver MPPT 15A

solar: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar
    gen: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Lister ,

• BB.
    BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,432 admin

Fixed my post--I think it was a 5,000 character limit. That would give an average of an 800+ word post.

If you have inline smiles--those add to the character count (from what I can tell--it would only be 10-20 characters and there is a limit of something like 4 of them in one post).

Anyway--I have left a message with Windsun--wait a day until he has a chance to look at issue. There have been some anti-spam measures added before--and once in a while, there can be an unintended consequence.

-Bill
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset
  • vanman
    vanman Solar Expert Posts: 29

Thanks for looking into it

If only all customer services was as efficient in the real world.:D
  • niel
    niel Solar Expert Posts: 10,300 ✭✭✭✭

just to be sure that you know, bb and i are not employed by naws and realy aren't part of customer service as we volunteer our time.
  • vanman
    vanman Solar Expert Posts: 29

yea I know.

thank anyway
  • Windsun
    Windsun Solar Expert Posts: 1,164 ✭✭

There was a 10,000 character limit on the total message, I just raised it to 12,000 as 10k was a bit low, with the bigger screens etc nowadays. That is the only limit, except for number of pictures is 5. 500 Char limit (400 + BB code) on sigs for all but supermods, which is 1000.