Has anyone heard of American Wind and Solar

Does anyone have any information on American Wind and Solar out of Hemmet Ca. they claim to have a deal with Ace and True Value Hardware stores. They were selling dealerships for $1,200. 00 per county in your area.

Comments

• TnAndy
    TnAndy Solar Expert Posts: 249 ✭✭
    Re: Has anyone heard of American Wind and Solar

Can't find anything on the first 3-4pgs of Google....only one similar is a website for a place in Nevada that basically has nothing on the site.

If they were big enough to cut a deal with Ace Hardware, you'd think they would have a web presence. Sounds fishy to me....
  • BB.
    BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,431 admin

Here is a press release about their kickoff in So. California.

And found a "free ad" about AW&S that says:
    A Great Opportunity In Renewable Energy A fantastic opportunity has been offered to us by TrueValue and Ace hardware stores. They have asked us to display and stock our products in their retail stores. Because of this we are currently seeking entreprenurial type sales and marketing professionals to help us grow this potentially explosive market...

They do have a website--but it is not too impressive at this time (half finished or half working--not sure which).

The products that they have listed are the typical 25 watt, 50 watt, etc, small system that will power a room or office for 3-6 hours per night type stuff... Expensive and over promising with little detail (no vendor lists, no information on available power, etc.).

If you search on their phone number--all you see (at this time) is their site and some marketing sites.

New business with little exposure on the web or in real life at this time. Looks like the franchise is for stocking/maintaining shelf space at local hardware stores?

-Bill
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset
  • dwh
    dwh Solar Expert Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭
    fprzk wrote: »
    Does anyone have any information on American Wind and Solar out of Hemmet Ca. they claim to have a deal with Ace and True Value Hardware stores. They were selling dealerships for $1,200. 00 per county in your area.

That looks very much like a spammer doing his pitch.

And Hemet only has one M in it BTW.

PRLog - "Free Press Release Distribution Service"
  • niel
    niel Solar Expert Posts: 10,300 ✭✭✭✭

i agree dwh and they aren't listed with solar buzz either.
    http://www.solarbuzz.com/CompanyListings/UnitedStates.htm
  • Windsun
    Windsun Solar Expert Posts: 1,164 ✭✭

This thread moved to Skeptics & Scam forum - it appears to us that if you have to pay for being a "dealer", the company is making money from dealer fees - not selling solar products.
  • System2
    System2 Posts: 6,290 admin
    Windsun wrote: »
    This thread moved to Skeptics & Scam forum - it appears to us that if you have to pay for being a "dealer", the company is making money from dealer fees - not selling solar products.

This "business" appears to be Freetricity in a different suit of clothes- you can view comments on Freetricity in many places- do your homework!
  • BB.
    BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,431 admin

Freetricity from BBB:
    BBB Rated "F"

Address:
    40378 Vista Road
    Hemet, CA 92544
    Tel: (866) 577-1861
    Fax: (501) 325-6101
    Web Site: http://www.freetricity.com
    Business Start Date: 5/30/2005
    No owner, 1 employee?:
    American Home Wind & Solar
    3352 Wentworth Dr
    Hemet, CA 92545

Phone: (951) 658-5144
    -Bill

PS:

Both Freeticity and AHW&S are hosted on the same server (64.92.119.2), along with ~315 of their closest web friends.
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset
  • niel
    This "business" appears to be Freetricity in a different suit of clothes- you can view comments on Freetricity in many places- do your homework!

thank you for pointing that out to us, but you should know that the main focus of this forum is not to just expose shady businesses. although we don't mind that information coming forth for the good of the industry and those consumers in that industry, it is not anyone's job here 'to do the homework' and we appreciate it when it is done no matter who does it.
  • System2

Guys I have been dealing with this guy for over 2 years now. It is in fact a total scam. It is just the new version of Freetricity and they are easy to do a websearch for. If you Google search americanhomewindand solar you can find on like page two where Glenn Hunt sent out the news release for them. Glenn is really just an alias for Carl Vettes and is the moderator on the Freetricity forum on that website. Please do not fall victim to this. I am on a number of sites when you google them with full contact info if you need it.
  • System2

American home wind & solar is nothing but a fraud. I have dealt with this guy called Glenn Hunt. He scamed me out of a lot of money. He is a one man fraud. I am taking a flight down to confront him. Then contact the authorities. This guy belongs in the federal jail.
  • System2

Before you fly down you need to understand that Glenn Hunt does not exist. His real name is Carl Vettes and the Vista Rd. address listed for Freetricity is his home. You will not find him at those fictious business addresses.

You should also contact the Riverside Co. D.A. office and ask to speak to Paul Pantani. Good luck.
  • mike95490
    mike95490 Solar Expert Posts: 9,583 ✭✭✭✭✭
    honesty wrote: »
    I am taking a flight down to confront him.
    Then contact the authorities.

I'd reverse the order of things, and skip the travel & confrontation, unless you bring a media crew with you. The slime ball scammers know how to game the courts and send you to jail.
    Powerfab top of pole PV mount | Listeroid 6/1 w/st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | Iota 48V/15A charger | Morningstar 60A MPPT | 48V, 800A NiFe Battery (in series)| 15, Evergreen 205w "12V" PV array on pole | Midnight ePanel | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph ) on a timer for 3 hr noontime run - Runs off PV ||
    || Midnight Classic 200 | 10, Evergreen 200w in a 160VOC array ||
    || VEC1093 12V Charger | Maha C401 aa/aaa Charger | SureSine | Sunsaver MPPT 15A

solar: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar
    gen: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Lister ,

• System2

I and 3 friends put up $2400 in May/09 for 2 regions, as the idea was a good one, especially if Ace and True Value were buying products. On September 1/09 I learned from Ace's Risk Management department of Mr. Vettes and a cease and desist order as Ace had no involvement and Vettes no authority to use names. I have filed a complaint with IC3.gov, but who knows where it will go unless all victims come forward to meet the economic threshold. If any investors would like, I am interesting in moving forward with like-thinking minds. ccollins690@gmail.com
  • System2

We were scammed by them through their website out of $1200.00. Never received the goods and didn't get our money back. Very scrupulous, do not trust. We are in Virginia Beach.
  • icarus
    icarus Solar Expert Posts: 5,436 ✭✭✭✭

Their site says they will be back up with new management and new site Feb 10th 2010. Sounds worth passing on!

T
  • System2

It is amazing that this is still going on but the sad truth is that it is. Carl Vettes aka Glenn Hunt is still out there and still scamming. His new site is americanhomerenewables. Pretty much the same site as americanhomewindandsolar. Please beware.
  • niel

thanks for the update as people should watch out for this guy. you'd think he'd be behind bars by now, but it seems white collar crimes are more permissible these days and i wouldn't doubt the guy scammed the government out of big bailout $ too.:grr my rant and speculation ended. sigh