Hi Watts = 107.5%!

2»

Comments

• boB
    boB Solar Expert Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭✭
    Re: Hi Watts = 107.5%!
    Halfcrazy,Even nicer that the beast does not wake me up at siesta time. A 5 year warranty to boot.

Why do people always insist on sleeping in the power room ?
    I must admit, it's probably the funnest room in the house.

If the relay would just click once a second, it would probably put one to sleep. Wouldn't get much power though. :D

boB
  • Dave Angelini
    Dave Angelini Solar Expert Posts: 6,730 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    boB wrote: »
    Why do people always insist on sleeping in the power room ?
    I must admit, it's probably the funnest room in the house.

boB

Of coarse it is a funny room ! It is the guy bunker or the man cave. It is where real work is thought about and avoided by napping. It is amazing how much less work there is to do after dreaming about nasty tasks!
    "we go where power lines don't" Sierra Nevada mountain area
       htps://offgridsolar1.com/
    E-mail offgridsolar@sti.net

• tallgirl
    tallgirl Solar Expert Posts: 413 ✭✭
    The XW inverter have I beleive has 3 different sleep modes that bring the tar loss down below 8 watts as speced, the 45 watts is the inverter active and idle, not surpising for a 6kw box, the Outback is similar, just scales to the size

As for products and testing, only the Outback FX series is still being sold, the SW and SW+ are long retired from being manufactured and sold. Since its been 4 years since the CEC/Sandia/UL requirements why hasn't Outback improved the design or updated the true operational power the inverter can handle in the marketing material? ... that where my concerns or comments are.

It's my understanding that the folks at Brand X just parallel a pair of inverters and that's how they get a 6KW inverter. That's not innovation, that's just clever repackaging.
  • Solar Guppy
    Solar Guppy Solar Expert Posts: 1,989 ✭✭✭
    tallgirl wrote: »
    It's my understanding that the folks at Brand X just parallel a pair of inverters and that's how they get a 6KW inverter. That's not innovation, that's just clever repackaging.

Completely untrue, its a single inverter and the most advanced DSP based design available.
  • Cariboocoot
    Cariboocoot Banned Posts: 17,615 ✭✭✭
    Completely untrue, its a single inverter and the most advanced DSP based design available.

Just compare the cost of the 6048 and the equivalent system from Outback and you'll see the Xantrex has a lot going for it. If it had been available when I made my last system-wide change, I would have gone with the XW 6048. And I have no complaints about my FX 3524.
  • Dave Angelini
    Dave Angelini Solar Expert Posts: 6,730 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Just compare the cost of the 6048 and the equivalent system from Outback and you'll see the Xantrex has a lot going for it. If it had been available when I made my last system-wide change, I would have gone with the XW 6048. And I have no complaints about my FX 3524.

Even more amazing is how poorly Xantrex markets one of the best RE products ever made. If the marketing was even decent maybe Outback would have to compete and build something better.
    "we go where power lines don't" Sierra Nevada mountain area
       htps://offgridsolar1.com/
    E-mail offgridsolar@sti.net

• Cariboocoot
    Cariboocoot Banned Posts: 17,615 ✭✭✭
    Even more amazing is how poorly Xantrex markets one of the best RE products ever made. If the marketing was even decent maybe Outback would have to compete and build something better.

They could improve their customer service a bit too. One of the reasons why I didn't go with a Xantrex the last time is because of the way they completely ignored my inquiries regarding my problem with an older Xantrex unit. I've heard similar complaints from others as well.

Nice products, but could use a bit better customer interfacing.