About This Forum Topic - Rules

Windsun
Windsun Solar Expert Posts: 1,164 ✭✭
This section has some special rules - read before posting.

1. Anything to do with energy is fair game here - politics, economics, pie-in-the-sky stuff, Chicken Little (The sky is falling...) etc.

2. This section is for ALL forms of energy discussion, including solar, wind, hydrogen, even electric cars and those evil Big Oil Companies.

3. This is an experimental forum - if it gets too wild and wooly, it will be shut down. This section is less moderated than our other sections, but that does not mean there are no rules.

4. Rules:
4a: No personal attacks on other forum members. If you do so, the message will be deleted. Repeated offenses will get you banned.
4b: No advertising - that policy goes for this entire site, and doubly so for this section.
4c: No off topic posts. If it does not concern energy in some way, it's gone.

This forum is owned, operated, and paid for by Northern Arizona Wind & Sun

Comments

• niel
    niel Solar Expert Posts: 10,300 ✭✭✭✭
    Re: About This Forum Topic - Rules

adding for you to keep it clean, as in no nasty words or naked iguanas.
  • boB
    boB Solar Expert Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭✭
    niel wrote: »
    adding for you to keep it clean, as in no nasty words or naked iguanas.

Niel, you could knit a sweater for your iguanas to keep them from losing too much energy ??:D then they wouldn't be naked.

BTW, It's cold up here in the N.W.... Driving the VOC's way up !
    Some controllers may not come on. How 'bout sweaters for our Pet PVs ?

boB
  • BB.
    BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,431 admin

I believe in pushing the rules (cheese cake shot of a green Iguana):

Green_Iguana.jpg

How else will we know what the rules are--is the iguana shot OK if it is not full frontal iguana?

-Bill
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset
  • n3qik
    n3qik Solar Expert Posts: 741 ✭✭

This is/was said many times in an off-topic sub-forum on a Jeep site:

THIS WILL NOT END WELL
  • mike95490
    mike95490 Solar Expert Posts: 9,583 ✭✭✭✭✭

I thought Jeep's had big stickers underneath that say:

Please Turn Over
    Powerfab top of pole PV mount | Listeroid 6/1 w/st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | Iota 48V/15A charger | Morningstar 60A MPPT | 48V, 800A NiFe Battery (in series)| 15, Evergreen 205w "12V" PV array on pole | Midnight ePanel | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph ) on a timer for 3 hr noontime run - Runs off PV ||
    || Midnight Classic 200 | 10, Evergreen 200w in a 160VOC array ||
    || VEC1093 12V Charger | Maha C401 aa/aaa Charger | SureSine | Sunsaver MPPT 15A

solar: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar
    gen: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Lister ,

• niel

ah the shame of it all bill, showing your naked iguana.:blush: you won't see mine naked. you better hope windsun doesn't see it.
    btw boB, i don't knit so maybe i could see some that you've knitted?:p

very funny guys and you wait until i said it to make joke of it, but bit your tongue when windsun wrote it.:roll:
  • niel
    mike90045 wrote: »
    I thought Jeep's had big stickers underneath that say:

Please Turn Over

i thought it said, "if you can read this, my bad".
  • boB
    boB Solar Expert Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭✭
    niel wrote: »
    btw boB, i don't knit so maybe i could see some that you've knitted?:p
    .:roll:

I don't knit either, BUT I ~DO~ have a pink camera ! :D
    boB
  • n3qik

Here is how it reads:

rollmeover.jpg

Windsun wrote: »
    4c: No off topic posts. If it does not concern energy in some way, it's gone.

Just to play by the rules:

Diesel fuel is the best source of energy !!!
  • niel

how do you know it's not the guy behind it that needs rolled over?
  • n3qik

Good question.

My guess that will only be applied when on the trails, as a common rule, you are responsible to help the guy/gal behind you.
  • Windsun
    Windsun Solar Expert Posts: 1,164 ✭✭

This section is pretty much going noplace, but thought I would try it for a few days while I figure out how to expand the board a little bit, and perhaps move things around.

The old section that was here was pretty much just a few random announcements every few months, so it was going bye-bye regardless.
  • mike95490
    mike95490 Solar Expert Posts: 9,583 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Windsun wrote: »
    The old section that was here was pretty much just a few random announcements every few months, so it was going bye-bye regardless.

The naked iguanas say they want someplace to party - someplace warm ('cause they're naked)
    Powerfab top of pole PV mount | Listeroid 6/1 w/st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | Iota 48V/15A charger | Morningstar 60A MPPT | 48V, 800A NiFe Battery (in series)| 15, Evergreen 205w "12V" PV array on pole | Midnight ePanel | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph ) on a timer for 3 hr noontime run - Runs off PV ||
    || Midnight Classic 200 | 10, Evergreen 200w in a 160VOC array ||
    || VEC1093 12V Charger | Maha C401 aa/aaa Charger | SureSine | Sunsaver MPPT 15A

solar: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar
    gen: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Lister ,

• BB.

I think this sub-forum will turn out to be a very good idea... For me--the last 4 years of the presidential election have worn me out a bit.

I was thinking of moving the last thread that Icarus and I went toe to toe on ( :p ) to here as a seed.

In any case, I am sure that once the correct topic is brought up--there will be more than enough discussion. :cool:

-Bill
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset
  • icarus
    icarus Solar Expert Posts: 5,436 ✭✭✭✭
    BB. wrote: »
    I think this sub-forum will turn out to be a very good idea... For me--the last 4 years of the presidential election have worn me out a bit.

I was thinking of moving the last thread that Icarus and I went toe to toe on ( :p ) to here as a seed.

In any case, I am sure that once the correct topic is brought up--there will be more than enough discussion. :cool:

-Bill

Bill,, Remind my feeble little mind? What thread did we go toe-to-toe on?
    Tony
  • BB.

Tony,

This one... I moved it into this sub-forum to seed this forum for further discussions. And I added the last two posts (so long, that the post would not fit into a single posting--probably some indication that it was too long).

Just being silly--everyone around here is very well behaved.

-Bill :p
  • icarus
    icarus Solar Expert Posts: 5,436 ✭✭✭✭

Bill,
    I'm still trying to cover myself with my assertion about the fridge efficiency, but have been coming up short!

As for you Bill, you are always alright in my book. I love a spirited debate, especially amongst those that have strong opinions, can argue them well and most importantly back them up with some citations. I myself have strong opinions, argue them loudly but not often well, and I am a bit lazy with the citation.

Thanks Bill, Niel, etc and NWAS for allowing us to learn, and share. Lets hope the new year brings us peace and happiness.

Tony