7A Cheapo SCC vs 15A MPPT Sunsaver

2»

Comments

• bajasurfer
    bajasurfer Solar Expert Posts: 30 ✭✭
    Re: 7A Cheapo SCC vs 15A MPPT Sunsaver
    BB. wrote: »
    It may be better to Let BajaSurfer address the details of how to "fix" the problems off-line... I am not sure we can help much more unless asked.

-Bill
    You're right Bill...no more posts on this. FWIW, I have a battery monitor on my list after the low power cut-off switch goes in. I haven't given up.
  • niel
    niel Solar Expert Posts: 10,300 ✭✭✭✭

the lvd could be the answer if your buddy doesn't defeat it to continue his gaming. if that's the case there will be major confrontation and i'd say that your buddy will probably ignore any battery monitor. he needs to be educated on the stuff and grow up a bit too for games aren't all that important in the longrun. don't get me wrong as games can relieve some stresses or give a good diversion, but a responcible person shouldn't act so selfishly or callously just to have fun.
    dealing with people can be a problem as i've found some will defeat any good efforts you make with such ease that's it's very frustrating at times. as an example, i get the cfls and they are now on more often (some 24/7) and more of them on. another is that i have a/c to cool us off and either fans are left on all of the time (even in unoccupied rooms) or somebody will want to open the window "to get fresh air". me thinks if they stop smoking or go outside that would be some obvious solutions. if anybody would or should want to get the fresh air it would be me seeing as how i quit 3 years ago and it's not me insisting on the windows to be opened, but i endured the smoking of others and get that reaction from the others that are still smoking. (picture me banging my head then pulling my hair out)
  • bajasurfer
    bajasurfer Solar Expert Posts: 30 ✭✭

OK, one last post on this, but only to thank Solar Guppy.....

Hello SG,
    Thank you for that amazing software for the SCC interface. I was thinking terminal window or maybe browser interface, but that app is super slick. It's not only loaded with useful info, it's very cool looking to boot.

Knowledge is power!

Thanks again,
    Larry A
    aka bajasurfer
  • nigtomdaw
    nigtomdaw Solar Expert Posts: 705 ✭✭

Sorry if I offended u wasnt my intention :blush: But 2 be called Smart Guy is Laughable, I have been living succesfully off grid for 3 years, Im no Billy rich kid I bought seconhand batteries 8 yrs + at a fraction of new, ploughed my hard earned cash in to monitoring caring and thinking!!! about them. Plus thinking about educating others who come to stay with us. I stand by my statement as Simon the Smart Guy I have a 16 yr old son who loves his X Box but can read a battery monitor start a generator and check with his dad that things are OK guess I didnt meet up with a moron of a friend like u did, looking for sympathy is great but u still need new batteries, because u didnt think about educating protecting or preventing battery cardiac arrest, I have many faults and one is being a battery monitor smart guy..... geee dont u just hate me ? my only problem is Randolp Roger and Ratty all brothers I belives time to buy a shotgun! Or buy them a surf board each rats like water ?

Ive been an advocate of affordable Battery Monitors for almost the day I joined this forum, it hurt me to fork out for mine, we all buy what we can afford! I could afford a BM not new batteries that was the probably the polite way of making my statement. Sos if I hurt your sensitive feelings