Off grid inverter

Options
Feenster
Feenster Registered Users Posts: 13 ✭✭
I have an old MPPSolar PIP4048 inverter/charger. It has done well - had to be repaired once, but definitely my fault.
I am looking for a back up. It needs to have the following features: 48Vdc, MPPT voltage range of 60V to 115V (max Voc of 150V), user defined bulk voltage, Equalization, single phase 230Vac, etc.
Has any one any suggestions or recommendations please?

Comments

• BB.
    BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,448 admin
    Options
    Just an FYI--I think Feenster is out out of Ireland--So companies/products available in Ireland/EU are probably a better fit for him.

-Bill
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset
  • littleharbor2
    littleharbor2 Solar Expert Posts: 2,046 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It seems most of the 48 volt AIO units these days are high voltage models with high voltage start up limits. Can you rewire your array?

2.1 Kw Suntech 175 mono, Classic 200, Trace SW 4024 ( 15 years old  but brand new out of sealed factory box Jan. 2015), Bogart Tri-metric,  460 Ah. 24 volt LiFePo4 battery bank. Plenty of Baja Sea of Cortez sunshine.

• Feenster
    Options
    It seems most of the 48 volt AIO units these days are high voltage models with high voltage start up limits. Can you rewire your array?

Yes, I could. However, I would prefer to leave it as it is.
    As well as the inverter/charger, I also have another array attached to an EPEVER Solar Charger. It has the same MPPT Voltage range - 60 to 115Vdc.
    If I have to change one of the arrays its not the end of the world.
  • littleharbor2
    Options
    I see Growatt has some lower VDC input 48 volt AIO inverters

2.1 Kw Suntech 175 mono, Classic 200, Trace SW 4024 ( 15 years old  but brand new out of sealed factory box Jan. 2015), Bogart Tri-metric,  460 Ah. 24 volt LiFePo4 battery bank. Plenty of Baja Sea of Cortez sunshine.

• Feenster
    Options
    Yes, I have had a look at Growatt. I am just wondering if people have much experience with Growatt. They are relatively cheap, but what is the quality like?
  • littleharbor2
    Options
    I have zero experience with the brand. You should at least look up reviews and search the solar forums for any issues or praise of the brand.

• SteveK
    SteveK Solar Expert Posts: 387 ✭✭
    Options
    I also have no experience directly but from what I gather the Growatt is at par or better than the MPP devices.