XL freezer won't cycle down

Options
softdown
softdown Solar Expert Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭✭
Seems to be why fan keeps running on Outback 3648. Voltage never went over 54 while hovering around 52 and 53.

I think I need another freezer very very soon. Wondering how much time I might have.

Scrambling to get Denver home listed and about out of all funds. Challenging times!
First Bank:16 180 watt Grape Solar with  FM80 controller and 3648 Inverter....Fullriver 8D AGM solar batteries. Second Bank/MacGyver Special: 10 165(?) watt BP Solar with Renogy MPPT 40A controller/ and Xantrex C-35 PWM controller/ and Morningstar PWM controller...Cotek 24V PSW inverter....forklift and diesel locomotive batteries

Comments

• Marc Kurth
    Marc Kurth Solar Expert Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I like redundancy, so replacing one large freezer with two smaller ones would be my approach. I seem to recall that you have several freezers, so maybe you already have enough redundancy.  Either way, prices are not going down!
    I always have more questions than answers. That's the nature of life.
  • softdown
    Options
    I have six now. My system was doing fine until the biggest one started to fail from appearances. Big compressor.
    First Bank:16 180 watt Grape Solar with  FM80 controller and 3648 Inverter....Fullriver 8D AGM solar batteries. Second Bank/MacGyver Special: 10 165(?) watt BP Solar with Renogy MPPT 40A controller/ and Xantrex C-35 PWM controller/ and Morningstar PWM controller...Cotek 24V PSW inverter....forklift and diesel locomotive batteries
  • softdown
    Options
    While searching for another freezer I scored an unused 28 Sq ft Samsung fridge with inverter compressor for $500. Could not resist.

750kWh is good for 28 Sq ft.