ac/dc submersibles

Options
ws9876
ws9876 Solar Expert Posts: 440 ✭✭✭
I always shied away from the expensive pumps but now I want an ac/dc submersible for a 120 ft well 70 ft static. I would like to re use the typical 1+ inch threaded drop pipe(the standard size) that is in the well now.I have a Franklin AC 1 hp currently.If price is not a factor what unit would you recommend from the Grundfos/Lorentz/other high end pumps selection that is available now online...? I want to run it on AC and DC.
thanks

Comments

• geosierranevada
    geosierranevada Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭✭
    Options
    ws9876

Some answers are needed

1. Are you on or off grid?
    2. Do you store water (above ground tank) or straight to pressure tank?

We are off grid and have a Grundfos 3sqf-2 well pump that supplies a 5000 gal. tank.
    We use a on demand pump for house pressure. We are very happy with the well pump.

George
    Off grid for 20 years. 5KW panels, Trace sw4024, Bergy XL1 wind generator, 3 EG4 Lifep04 200amphr batteries  3 SQF 2 well pump, 12kw back up gen.  Not easy living in the wilderness but it keeps you busy
  • JRHill
    JRHill Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭✭
    Options
    We've had an 11 SQF-2 in the ground for 15 years and it works fantastic. Originally it was a separate 48v system but after the 2nd set of batteries hit end of life I just plugged it into the house's solar. Just a suggestion: you don't need the CU200 control box. Just control the pump with a standard pressure switch if you are using a pressure tank(s) Since you want AC or DC sources you will want the IO 101. If you're filling a tank you will have to spring for the CU200 for $500+ or fashion a relay with a power source.
    Off Grid. Two systems: 1) 2925w panels, OB VFXR3648, FM80, FNDC, Victron BMV-712, Mate3s, 240 xformer, four SimpliPHI 3.8; 2) 780w, Morningstar 30a, Grundfos switch, controller and AC/DC pump, 8 T105. Honda EU7000is w/AGS. Champion 3100. HF 4550, Miller Bobcat.