Skystream 3.7 Wind Turbines

Options
Stanton
Stanton Registered Users Posts: 2

Skystream is back!  Wind Resource LLC is manufacturing Skystream in Kansas City Missouri.   

Wind Resource is producing Skystream has joined the global mission to accelerate the world's transition to sustainable energy. 

We are reaching out to discover Skystream turbines owners and prospective owners to understand the need for service and Skystream replacement.  Turbines and parts are available.  

Let us know how we can support your renewable energy requirements.

Thanks in advance for your consideration.  I look forward to speaking with you.

Best,

Dan

Dan Stanton

503-267-3238

Wind Resource LLC

https://skystreamturbines.com/

Comments

• BB.
    BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,447 admin
    Options
    Best of luck with bringing back the product.

Any chance you are going to put  a "tail" on the upcoming models? Trying to keep the tower/platform absolutely level has not worked out well as the drag of the blades does not seem to be enough to keep it pointed up/down wind.

Any chance of bringing down the electronics to the base of the tower for easier servicing? Another "maintenance" issue.

-Bill
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset
  • Stanton
    Stanton Registered Users Posts: 2
    Options
    There are plans for down tower electronics.  Stay posted.  

https://skystreamturbines.com/
  • mgfisher
    mgfisher Registered Users, Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1
    Options
    Looking for Skystream service in Iowa...have tilt-up tower. Brushes have been replaced.  Just quit working after 11 years...could be inverter??? Needs to be leveled as well.
  • skystream2023
    skystream2023 Registered Users Posts: 1
    Options
    Are parts available?
  • Mark2662
    Mark2662 Registered Users, Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1
    Options
    My unit was installed in 2009, replaced the brushes twice and now it looks like the Yaw bearing is out. It would be nice to have a parts source. 
    Also, the communications from turbine to a PC does not work on new PC's, it would be nice to have a software update as well. 
  • Ralph Day
    Ralph Day Solar Expert Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    A local bearing industrial supply house should be able to source your bearings.
  • Batking2
    Batking2 Registered Users Posts: 1
    Options
    Greetings:

My name is Mark King and I inherited a house in Western Maine that has a Skystream that was installed about 15 years ago. Last year it stopped spinning, except under heavy winds (and only turns slowly). It also tripped the breaker and keeps tripping when I try and reset it.

My question, do you ever come to the Northeast to do any work? I cannot find anyone who works on them in New England.

Thanks!

Mark King
    mark.a.king@maine.gov