Generator run, Oops

Options
JRHill
JRHill Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭✭
A good movie that we hadn't seen before was on and I forgot to do the generator run until 8p and then only added 20% up to around 90%. Ehh, no big deal. The batteries don't care. No absorb, ever. No memory. Plenty until today and we even had sunlight! I have a whole 2.2kWh today and that's amazing for this time of year.

Gosh I love those lithium batts for off grid. All I can say is that if your lead stuff is at end of life you might do some hard thinking before replacing them in kind.
Off Grid. Two systems: 1) 2925w panels, OB VFXR3648, FM80, FNDC, Victron BMV-712, Mate3s, 240 xformer, four SimpliPHI 3.8; 2) 780w, Morningstar 30a, Grundfos switch, controller and AC/DC pump, 8 T105. Honda EU7000is w/AGS. Champion 3100. HF 4550, Miller Bobcat.

Comments

• Dave Angelini
    Dave Angelini Solar Expert Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2022 #2
    Options
    7 days from the solstice is the time to test them. When they last 10 years you will be in the cat-bird seat ! Make sure you have good surge protection. Generator surges and lightning are the extra layers that you have with electronics in your battery.

What in the heck is going on with the grid vandalism in your state? Fill us in please!
    "we go where power lines don't" Sierra Nevada mountain area
       htps://offgridsolar1.com/
    E-mail offgridsolar@sti.net

• JRHill
    JRHill Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2022 #3
    Options
    What in the heck is going on with the grid vandalism in your state? Fill us in please!

Good question Dave. I've been watching for follow up stories but no details are forthcoming. But from the original news reports, of the vandalism, only one was gun fire. That makes sense as the shot would carry the noise and you'd think someone heard it.

The other sites had the perps cutting the chain link and gaining access that way. I can't think of something more stupid. What is someone going to do to transmission equipment handling that kind of voltage?!? Someone had to have knowledge of the equipment and what to do to cause damage/failure. The other thing that the DW brought up is these recent things happened where there is a military presence and that they had to be doing their own investigations.

Copy cats, anarchists or whatever, these *******s put a lot of people at risk. Whether I make my own power and am virtually unaffected or not this has to stop. I may have to go for fuel one day and the pump won't power up. (JK). Seriously, these folks live amongst us.
    Off Grid. Two systems: 1) 2925w panels, OB VFXR3648, FM80, FNDC, Victron BMV-712, Mate3s, 240 xformer, four SimpliPHI 3.8; 2) 780w, Morningstar 30a, Grundfos switch, controller and AC/DC pump, 8 T105. Honda EU7000is w/AGS. Champion 3100. HF 4550, Miller Bobcat.