Midnite Solar New Inverters Powering up air compressors, Videos!

onanparts
onanparts Registered Users Posts: 4
I stopped by Midnite Solar last week to see how the new High Frequency Inverter/Chargers are progressing. Lots of details about them in the linked videos. Short version, the Rosie 48VDC 6kW 120/240 VAC Inverter/Charger is coming along nicely. The 48VDC 15kW 120/240 VAC B17 is also progressing quickly.
HF Inverters typically struggle when it comes to inductive loads. The Rosie and the B17 laugh at a pair of portable air compressors! Please note in both videos that each Inverter is only using one single 120V leg to get the pumps up and going! Half a Rosie and one half, 1500 Watts, of a single B17 3000 Watt Power module! B17-5 holds up to 5 power modules or 3-4 power and 1-2 MPPT 300 volt or 600 Volt charge controllers.

Rosie powering up 2 compressors:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4YQi7ksGUs

B17 powering 2 compressors: Note boB in background keeping an eye on Mike and making sure he does not let out any magic smoke! :) Good job boB! No magic smoke escaped!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2AHHsfqNMhA

I've been a Midnite Beta tester on several charge controllers, Kid, Brat etc. Can't wait for a Beta Rosie and Beta B17! Should be this year, soon! :)
More videos of bigger and tougher loads coming in the near future. I'll be stopping by Midnite often as they get closer to putting the new Inverters and charge controllers, Hawks Bay and Barcelona, both 600 Volt, into production. Stay tuned!

Comments

• bryhan67
    bryhan67 Registered Users Posts: 37 ✭✭
    Any updates on the Barcelona?
    19k Watt system, 60 Jinko 315w panles. 5 Midnite Solar Classics, 2 Aims 6,000w 48v Inverter, Battery bank 1,600 AH. EnerSys PowerSafe DDm100-33 UPS batteries 24 Batteries. Additional 12 Batteries as backup'
  • Vic
    Vic Solar Expert Posts: 3,208 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2022 #3
    The Barcelona and Hawke's Bay 600 V CCs are in Beta Test:

Barcelona BETA testing has started (midniteftp.com)

Barcelona & Hawke's Bay Brochure:
    bacelona_hawkesBay_BB-front.psd (midnitesolar.com)

They DO look beautiful!   Vic
    Off Grid - Two systems -- 4 SW+ 5548 Inverters, Surrette 4KS25 1280 AH X2@48V, 11.1 KW STC PV, 4X MidNite Classic 150 w/ WBjrs, Beta KID on S-530s, MX-60s, MN Bkrs/Boxes.  25 KVA Polyphase Kubota diesel,  Honda Eu6500isa,  Eu3000is-es, Eu2000,  Eu1000 gensets.  Thanks Wind-Sun for this great Forum.
  • boB
    boB Solar Expert Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭✭
    The Hawkes Bay is shipping now I think... 

Barcelona is almost shipping.   

• Vic
    Vic Solar Expert Posts: 3,208 ✭✭✭✭
    boB said:
    The Hawkes Bay is shipping now I think... 

Barcelona is almost shipping.
    Hi boB,

YES,  it looks  like the 90 Amp and the 120 Amp version of the Hawke's Bay must be shipping.  It might be, that the Hawke's Bay Breaker Box might not yet be in stock in the store, here.  It and the Barcelona are not yet priced   ...  The HB 90 and 120 Amp CCs are priced.

https://www.solar-electric.com/midnite-solar-hawkes-bay-120-amp-mppt-solar-charge-controller.html

This IS very exciting,  great progress, MidNite !! Thank you for all of that hard work,  boB and the whole crew !

I have not asked about delivery time at the Wind-Sun store, as they are now closed.   Vic
    Off Grid - Two systems -- 4 SW+ 5548 Inverters, Surrette 4KS25 1280 AH X2@48V, 11.1 KW STC PV, 4X MidNite Classic 150 w/ WBjrs, Beta KID on S-530s, MX-60s, MN Bkrs/Boxes.  25 KVA Polyphase Kubota diesel,  Honda Eu6500isa,  Eu3000is-es, Eu2000,  Eu1000 gensets.  Thanks Wind-Sun for this great Forum.
  • SumPower
    SumPower Registered Users Posts: 43 ✭✭
    I see the new Midnite Rosie 7000 watt inverter system is now for sale. Anyone compare it to other off-grid inverters? And what do you think about it?
  • Dave Angelini
    Dave Angelini Solar Expert Posts: 6,730 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    It looked really good in the webinar a few days ago. A great company in the US and good people. What's not to like?
    Time will tell with anything new. Seeing how it does with unbalanced split phase over time is the kicker for me.
    I am sure someone will post how the web monitoring looks which is always important.  
    "we go where power lines don't" Sierra Nevada mountain area
       htps://offgridsolar1.com/
    E-mail offgridsolar@sti.net

• boB
    boB Solar Expert Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2023 #8

The Rosie inverter is pretty awesome for its power/weight and surge capabilites.

It is at least firmware upgradeable to when we improve operation, it can be better-ized while connected in the field.

One of the big things we are concentrating on right now is working better with shitty generators.

Dave may appreciate that we use the Schneider XW6848 Pro  as one of our main reference points a to how things should work at the very least.

boB