Options
zoneblue
zoneblue Solar Expert Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭✭
edited October 2022 in General Solar Power Topics #1
Hi all, long time no see.

I am looking for a inverter product recommendation: Here are the criteria:

1. 24VDC
2. reliable
3. efficiency is more important than low idle current, but the latter would be a bonus
4. compact form factor, longest dimension must not exceed 35cm / 14 inchs
5. be able to power each of (separately) 1000W induction cooker, 750W power tool, entry level laser printer
6. intelligent fan design, quiet or silent at low loads, ramping up with hysteresis as needed
7. remote on/off

I will probably follow this with my review of victron phoenix 1200va, but i can say that what i am looking for is what that is not.

That's it. Doable?

1.8kWp CSUN, 10kWh AGM, Midnite Classic 150, Outback VFX3024E,
http://zoneblue.org/cms/page.php?view=off-grid-solar

Tagged:

Comments

• zoneblue
    zoneblue Solar Expert Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    And if i was to relax the longest dimension criteria, just nicely made smaller inverters in general?
    1.8kWp CSUN, 10kWh AGM, Midnite Classic 150, Outback VFX3024E,
    http://zoneblue.org/cms/page.php?view=off-grid-solar

• Dave Angelini
    Dave Angelini Solar Expert Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Why not use what you have? The 3024E. Too big?
    "we go where power lines don't" Sierra Nevada mountain area
       htps://offgridsolar1.com/
    E-mail offgridsolar@sti.net

• Photowhit
    Photowhit Solar Expert Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    zoneblue said:
    And if i was to relax the longest dimension criteria, just nicely made smaller inverters in general?
    Not sure how critical the long dimension is...
    Nor do I know the startup load of an "induction cooker" I think my induction cook top was 1500-1800watts.

But since you don't have any suggestions. You might try an Exeltech 1100 watt inverter.

Officially it's 15" long, but the last 2 1/2" are the covers for the wiring at the back. Without the back screen to mount strain reliefs the wiring mounted would not extend more than 14".

I've had a few pass through my hands without the back screen mounted.

It can be hard wired from the back.
    DC-AC  EXELTECH XP1100K-24 DC24V
    If you are able to clamp the wires off so the don't move near the inverter that should be fine.

The Exeltech's are very reliable. XP1100 has reasonable efficiency around 90%, No load 20 watts standard, and they will build one at 8-10watts.

Audible Noise: Less than 45db
    Mean time to failure over 20years

Look around for a used one, they have doubled in price the last 5-6 years.

Home system 4000 watt (Evergreen) array standing, with 2 Midnite Classic Lites,  Midnite E-panel, Magnum MS4024, Prosine 1800(now backup) and Exeltech 1100(former backup...lol), 660 ah 24v Forklift battery(now 10 years old). Off grid for 20 years (if I include 8 months on a bicycle).
    - Assorted other systems, pieces and to many panels in the closet to not do more projects.