Inverters not selling to grid

Pezquera
Pezquera Registered Users Posts: 9 ✭✭
I have a system consisting of (3) XW 6048 inverters, (4) MPPT 60 Solar Charge Controllers with a 13.7 kw Solar Array and a 600AH Gel battery bank. Sometimes during high sunlight mostly during midday, at least two of the inverters go into absorption mode and do not sell any electricity to the grid whatsoever, after a while they go into absorption exit mode and later into AC good mode and start selling back to the grid, this will take a long time before the two inverters will sell back. I am missing a lot of delivering power back to the grid.
How can I avoid this issue?
Thanks
Tagged:

Comments

• Dave Angelini
    Dave Angelini Solar Expert Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Any faults or warnings on mppt's? There is a log for these!  The inverters/chargers should not be going into absorb as the mppts are charging. Sounds like a programming/configuration issue.
    The more you can describe the better the answers can be.  Where are you, when did this start. Did it ever work?
    "we go where power lines don't" Sierra Nevada mountain area
       htps://offgridsolar1.com/
    E-mail offgridsolar@sti.net

• Pezquera
    Dave:
    Thanks for the response! I used to produce approximately 75kwh on a day and now my peak is in the low 50'sdue to this issue.
    I understand it needs to be a programming issue. The XW units will disconnect from the sell to grid mode and work as chargers and will go through the full charge cycle and the MPPTs will reduce the production of power. Can you help?
    I am located in Carolina, Puerto Rico
  • Pezquera
    I had a configuration error on my settings, I had my grid sell volts too low, 52 volts where it should have been slightly above the float volts( 55 volts) and my recharge volts at 50. So when the voltage dropped just a little the system started charging and not producing. changed the setting and issue solved.
    Thanks
  • Dave Angelini
    Dave Angelini Solar Expert Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Good Job. There is always another setting.......Been a pretty mild mean season so far. Crossing fingers!
    "we go where power lines don't" Sierra Nevada mountain area
       htps://offgridsolar1.com/
    E-mail offgridsolar@sti.net

• Pezquera
    Its never a mild season here in the tropics!