Trace SWI stacking cable question

littleharbor2
littleharbor2 Solar Expert Posts: 2,037 ✭✭✭✭✭
I am trying to find out the difference between the SWI series and parallel stacking cables. At this point I have resigned to building my own being I cant find them anywhere. It looks like all the parts are readily available. The series cable seems to have 20 lines used in a 25 pin connector.  So does the parallel cable have, like one more or one less wire? Is it that simple?
Trying to add a diagram but it wont take.

Maybe somebody out there has a parallel stacking cable and can get a picture of it.

2.1 Kw Suntech 175 mono, Classic 200, Trace SW 4024 ( 15 years old  but brand new out of sealed factory box Jan. 2015), Bogart Tri-metric,  460 Ah. 24 volt LiFePo4 battery bank. Plenty of Baja Sea of Cortez sunshine.

Comments

• Dave Angelini
    Dave Angelini Solar Expert Posts: 6,729 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Did you search the forum here? I threw out all of my info as it is just too old of electronics. I remember seeing stuff about it somewhere.
    "we go where power lines don't" Sierra Nevada mountain area
       htps://offgridsolar1.com/
    E-mail offgridsolar@sti.net

• littleharbor2
    Did you search the forum here? I threw out all of my info as it is just too old of electronics. I remember seeing stuff about it somewhere.
    Ya Dave. I've brought up the subject here before. Been through all those threads again. I need just specific info as to what separates the series cables from the parallel. I can build it now with that tidbit of info.

2.1 Kw Suntech 175 mono, Classic 200, Trace SW 4024 ( 15 years old  but brand new out of sealed factory box Jan. 2015), Bogart Tri-metric,  460 Ah. 24 volt LiFePo4 battery bank. Plenty of Baja Sea of Cortez sunshine.

• BB.
    BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,431 admin
    Around 3 years ago, Dave posted this from this thread:

https://forum.solar-electric.com/discussion/354790/need-part-numbers-or-way-to-identify-series-or-parallel-stacking-cable-for-trace-sw-inverters
    This might help from one of my colleagues. let me know if you need more. Stay cool!
    https://millersolar.com/MillerSolar/Resources/Xantrex/_xantrex.html

The link looks to be still good... 

Post a screenshot of the SWI Stacking Cable (for posterity):

RCinFla also posted information (may be the same--I did not trace each wire):

https://forum.solar-electric.com/discussion/23437/need-trace-sw-series-4024-stacking-cable-isc-s-975-0059-01-01-rev-a

And a possible technical source (2015).

And FYI... I use the "site:" tag to limit searches to one website... Works with many search engines, the results for above were in DuckDuckgo:
    • site:forum.solar-electric.com/discussion Trace SWI stacking cable
    -Bill
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset
  • littleharbor2
    Bill, Thanks again for taking the time to research this topic. While I've yet to figure out the difference between the SWI and SWI/PAR cables
    I have, while rereading all associated previous posts I have realized that for parallel operation I would need the Paralleling Interface Module to pull this off. I have handled lots of old Trace/Xantrex equipment before and haven't come across the Interface module or I would have ended up with one. I guess at  this point I'll put this thread to rest.
    I really appreciate everybody's help With this, Mike McCormick