Looking for a Kyocera KU-270 solar panel

Options
porch13
porch13 Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭✭
Hi everyone.....I'm in northern AZ and one of my panels took a hail hit and shattered.   Any chance someone has a Kyocera KU-270 laying around that they would like to sell?
Northern Arizona...4050 Watt off-grid system - Outback FP1 - Rolls 605 in a 48V bank

Comments

• BB.
    BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,447 admin
    Options
    Have you asked our host? They used to sell these panels--Sometimes there are odds and ends laying around (and other retailers/installers).

Good Luck,
    -Bill
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset
  • porch13
    porch13 Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi Bill!  I sure did.  No luck there.  They pointed me at a place south of Phoenix to check for used, similar panels.  Wish I would have bought an extra panel when I installed the array!
    Northern Arizona...4050 Watt off-grid system - Outback FP1 - Rolls 605 in a 48V bank
  • Photowhit
    Photowhit Solar Expert Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Me too, 10 years survived everything for 1 1/2" hail to 19 inches of snow...
    ...then a tree trimmer dropped a branch on the array, only took out 1 panel...

The weight and angle were not a problem, he didn't back cut so it would fall naturally away from the array.
    Home system 4000 watt (Evergreen) array standing, with 2 Midnite Classic Lites,  Midnite E-panel, Magnum MS4024, Prosine 1800(now backup) and Exeltech 1100(former backup...lol), 660 ah 24v Forklift battery(now 10 years old). Off grid for 20 years (if I include 8 months on a bicycle).
    - Assorted other systems, pieces and to many panels in the closet to not do more projects.
  • littleharbor2
    littleharbor2 Solar Expert Posts: 2,046 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'll bet your Kyocera panels have black frames. So that might be an issue but our gracious hosts d o have this 270 watt panel which might fit in with your array and have similar output.
    Solarland SLP270-24C1D2 Solar Panel | Northern Arizona Wind & Sun (solar-electric.com)

2.1 Kw Suntech 175 mono, Classic 200, Trace SW 4024 ( 15 years old  but brand new out of sealed factory box Jan. 2015), Bogart Tri-metric,  460 Ah. 24 volt LiFePo4 battery bank. Plenty of Baja Sea of Cortez sunshine.