Off grid backup setup

Options
oil pan 4
oil pan 4 Solar Expert Posts: 767 ✭✭✭✭
It looks like evil energy conglomerate advagrid is likely going to take over the new mexico public regulatory commission. 
When advagrid took over Maines public utility they doubled to tripled residential power bills and cut the maintenance budget to save money. Which resulted in more frequent, longer lasting blackouts. 
So I have a 24v forklift lead acid battery that holds 6kwh, so it has about 3 kwh useable. No its not 36v. The place I want to put the panels is about 10 degrees south slanted with room for at least 3kw possibly up to 4kw of panels. Not sure what inverter I might use.
I think I will start out running our refrigerator off the setup. 

Solar hybrid gasoline generator, 7kw gas, 180 watts of solar, Morningstar 15 amp MPPT, group 31 AGM, 900 watt kisae inverter.

Solar roof top GMC suburban, a normal 3/4 ton suburban with 180 watts of panels on the roof and 10 amp genasun MPPT, 2000w samlex pure sine wave inverter, 12v gast and ARB air compressors.

Tagged:

Comments

• waynec
    waynec Registered Users Posts: 16 ✭✭
    edited December 2021 #2
    Options
    You might do well to read the post by  onanparts testing the surge capacity of the Midnite DIY hf inverter. I found it very interesting. 
  • BB.
    BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,439 admin
    Options
    That is a 24 volt @ 250 AH battery bank?

That would work "well" with an AC inverter in the 600 to 1,250 Watt  range with flooded cell lead acid batteries (basically, max suggested AC inverter is "500 Watts per 100 AH @ 24 volt battery bank rule of thumb).

-Bill
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset