Hey Dave!

Marc Kurth
Marc Kurth Solar Expert Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭✭

Life in the cheap seats!

Both of my primary manufacturers are running really, really long lead times. As batteries become available, they are immediately drop-shipped directly to my customers, so my inventory is essentially zero at the moment. No point in hanging around an empty warehouse staring at empty battery racks, so I have been working from home a lot lately.

With clear skies and calm winds, I spend a fair amount of time burning a little fuel in the little 115HP outboard, listening to some music that someone sent me. (You’re right, they were best with Bon Scott) Financially, I am not ready to retire yet – but I can practice/pretend!  75F to 80F in mid-November with a light breeze works well for me.

I always have more questions than answers. That's the nature of life.

Comments

• Ralph Day
    Ralph Day Solar Expert Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭✭
    Temps sound great for November...but what is it like in July and August?
  • Marc Kurth
    Ralph Day said:
    Temps sound great for November...but what is it like in July and August?

Our July and August average afternoon highs are 93F to 95F, which I like for boating, swimming, tubing, etc.! November averages 69F so we are enjoying September/October weather this week!
  • littleharbor2
    littleharbor2 Solar Expert Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Little 115 hp motor, is this for trolling? Booze cruising?

2.1 Kw Suntech 175 mono, Classic 200, Trace SW 4024 ( 15 years old  but brand new out of sealed factory box Jan. 2015), Bogart Tri-metric,  460 Ah. 24 volt LiFePo4 battery bank. Plenty of Baja Sea of Cortez sunshine.

• Marc Kurth
    edited November 2021 #5
    Little 115 hp motor, is this for trolling? Booze cruising?
    Heavy old 25' pontoon boat that came with the house. (150hp to 200+hp is normal around here) We live on an "arm" of the lake, about 5 miles from the main body. The lake is 18 miles long, with 335 miles of shoreline to explore. With 5 daughters and 12 grand-kids, we spend a lot of time on the boat! There are at least a few warm days every month of the year for boating.

Marc
  • Dave Angelini
    Dave Angelini Solar Expert Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    75 here yesterday and we have 5+ inches of rain in the last month. Already turning green. The waterfalls started early in Yosemite but no boats allowed ;)  Lounge opens at 5   Scary times for those who need batteries in winter. Too many sad battery stories from clients who waited. Have a good back-up plan is my advice!

Maybe Marc can run boat runs out into the harbor in Long Beach and unload all of those lithium batteries from the ships :'(

"we go where power lines don't" Sierra Nevada mountain area
       htps://offgridsolar1.com/
    E-mail offgridsolar@sti.net

• Dave Angelini
    Dave Angelini Solar Expert Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

"we go where power lines don't" Sierra Nevada mountain area
       htps://offgridsolar1.com/
    E-mail offgridsolar@sti.net

• Marc Kurth
    You're looking good for such a young fella!
  • Marc Kurth
    Grabbed this with my cell phone while taking out the trash.

• softdown
    softdown Solar Expert Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭✭
    ^^^You still enjoy photography. Good for you.
    Not sure what happened but I no longer have the foggiest interest in taking pics, especially editing them. Seen that happen with other photogs as well.
    First Bank:16 180 watt Grape Solar with  FM80 controller and 3648 Inverter....Fullriver 8D AGM solar batteries. Second Bank/MacGyver Special: 10 165(?) watt BP Solar with Renogy MPPT 40A controller/ and Xantrex C-35 PWM controller/ and Morningstar PWM controller...Cotek 24V PSW inverter....forklift and diesel locomotive batteries