How many amp hours does a compressor fridge consume?

2»

Comments

• Horsefly
    Horsefly Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2021 #32
    Can't speak to LIPO (other than to say it isn't a particularly safe chemistry), but for LiFePO4 there are lots of spec sheets in English from the manufacturers of the prismatic cells. I randomly grabbed one, and it says the storage temperature range is -20°C to 45°C, which is -4°F to 113°F. Ironically, the same sheet says the discharge range is from -30°C to 60°C (-22°F to 140°F).  I know that the cells create some heat when discharged, so to some degree they will keep themselves warm while cycling. I don't think I would trust it though.

I've attached the particular spec sheet I pulled this from. I'll go see what others say. If there is more detail / explanation or significantly different ranges, I'll post back.

EDIT: I found a spec sheet for a 302Ah cell from CATL (vs the 280Ah from EVE that I attached). It had the exact same temperature range for storage.

Off-grid cabin: 6 x Canadian Solar CSK-280M PV panels, Schneider XW-MPPT60-150 Charge Controller, Schneider CSW4024 Inverter/Charger, Schneider SCP, 8S (25.6V), 230Ah Eve LiFePO4 battery in a custom insulated and heated case.