Fried Conext Sw 4024 won't invert no ac power from inverters

fogeater
fogeater Registered Users Posts: 10 ✭✭
Like it says, 110ah FLA. 25.8 volts resting at 60f. Enable inverter and no output, green light is on.
No transformer noise in invert mode.
Clean cable interconnect (1) 4/0.

Tested each (two) 12v deep cycles with large 12v inverter both easily start freezer with compressor with 12+ LRA.

So lead is good. Cables are good. No scp or comm box. Runs ac through from 2000i with 125vac at all ac in and out terminals on SW. Qualifies ac power in 8-10 seconds, blinks charge, batts don't charge... After several minutes transformer comes on and actually starts charging randomly now, visibly on multimeter, batt voltage rises to 26 range gen idles up slow. Transformer sounds rough. Stops charging again after several minutes. Turn of ac breaker from gen and transformer noise never starts with transfer to invert enable mode,silence no humm. About 8 seconds later throws fault, auto resets to invert mode about 2-3 seconds later with no humm and green invert enable on. Another eight seconds or so it does it again. No scp or comm works great for years. Now no power. Totally dependent on this for my home, freezer, lights, etc. Is firmware wiped out? Came home and turned on inverter and this happened, no loads. Never run more than 300w at night or 1200w in the day.

4000w solar, Fm80, logs read 30v-25.2 daily for years. 

Schneider told me to buy new xw, hardly even used sw, no parts or service available, no fault codes I can read. Buy a new one. This is the new sw not the old sw, I just bought it new when it arrived at NAWS.1450$ 🧱 really schneider? When I bought this from you, NAWS, it said serviceable in field and replacement parts available. Now two weeks no power keep spoiling food no lights. No help from Schneider, want to buy xw but expensive and concerned with customer service and support now. Never any smoke or smell. Don't wanna buy cheap Chinese crap like grow at but Schneider is not looking so good now.  Sorry to rant but they tell me to buy scp to maybe fix maybe broken inverter so I'm left with 1500 junk pile and 200-300$ useless junk unless I buy an xw from someone who lies/changes support policy and has terrible customer service and support, what happened to Schneider? This is a nightmare, my life has been upside down for weeks. Never had grid but this is looking like a scam now one way or the other. Please advise, thank you.

Comments

• Dave Angelini
    Dave Angelini Solar Expert Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you have surge protection?  CSW was never claimed to be field serviceable by Schneider.  XW is and if I were you I would talk with wind and sun about that issue. CSW is designed for a 2 year warranty and should last longer if it is protected from surge from a genset or lightning. XW is designed for a 10 year warranty.

No problem on ranting but if you are offgrid, you always have to have a back-up plan. Maybe consider this a learning experience. Good Luck !
    "we go where power lines don't" Sierra Nevada mountain area
       htps://offgridsolar1.com/
    E-mail offgridsolar@sti.net

• fogeater
    No surge or lighting. Wish I could find the actual acticle from 2013 maybe just misinformation from on here back then when it came out. Last high frequency 24v exeltech xp1100 I had lasted a good ten. Bought another one of those to run off second 2000w array w another Fm80 and two deep cycle FLA's. It quit the week before with 6w led light load. Also little or no use. Two is one and now none. Also have double 2000i inverters. Also a 48v 2000 watt array on fm80,110ah FLA. Has double inverter s both showing red fault no ac out. One 600w other is 3000w. So I don't learn? 40 years no power you would think I've seen something. Also have two other systems just to provide water and pressurize it. All solar offgrid. Inverters hate me, I hate generators. Help it stop, thanks.
  • Dave Angelini
    I can help it stop. Get rid of the gensets and use the sun only.  :)     I do not know where you live but many places like the southwest US really do not need a genset. Inverters will last a very long time Offgrid when they are surge protected, well grounded, decently cooled, and do not connect to a genset.

If one has to use a genset offgrid, I believe it is best to not use the charger built into the Inverter. 

If the CSW lasted from 2013 you did ok hardly used or not. Good Luck ! At least it is not winter ;)

• Photowhit
    Photowhit Solar Expert Posts: 6,002 ✭✭✭✭✭
    fogeater said:When I bought this from you, NAWS, it said serviceable in field and replacement parts available. 

Never had grid but this is looking like a scam now one way or the other. Please advise, thank you.
    Please understand that the forum is pretty much independent of NAWS.

If you want to contact NAWS, you should go to the store or call them directly. The moderator and advice given here is just a bunch of people doing it out of the goodness of their heart. None more than the moderator Bill. 

Where are you located? I run a 24 volt system in Central Missouri, and have a spare inverter that might get you by for a little while, if you are nearby. 
    Home system 4000 watt (Evergreen) array standing, with 2 Midnite Classic Lites,  Midnite E-panel, Magnum MS4024, Prosine 1800(now backup) and Exeltech 1100(former backup...lol), 660 ah 24v Forklift battery(now 10 years old). Off grid for 20 years (if I include 8 months on a bicycle).
    - Assorted other systems, pieces and to many panels in the closet to not do more projects.
  • fogeater
    Photowhit said:
    fogeater said:When I bought this from you, NAWS, it said serviceable in field and replacement parts available. 

Never had grid but this is looking like a scam now one way or the other. Please advise, thank you.
    Please understand that the forum is pretty much independent of NAWS.

If you want to contact NAWS, you should go to the store or call them directly. The moderator and advice given here is just a bunch of people doing it out of the goodness of their heart. None more than the moderator Bill. 

Where are you located? I run a 24 volt system in Central Missouri, and have a spare inverter that might get you by for a little while, if you are nearby

I understand I'm trying to fix my power I don't think they will help me one bit do you?

Been reading this for years bought their stuff for years, no connection. Resources are scarce in this field and this is just posted here to get some input. I can't read another two weeks of irrelevant threads hoping it will help my situation when they don't apply.  I'm here because I already called Schneider and I already post on the other site with an active community and someone specifically suggested to post over here because they all use growatt or mpp or all in one or tesla. I have read and posted here over the years and respect many members greatly as they are a wonderful wealth of knowledge far beyond my years an experience level.

I have never called NAWS unless it was to order stuff. They were, maybe still are the best. I don't know what they would say if I called, nothing not our product or problem.

Thanks photowit I'm at the end of the world 1500 miles away maybe in the ocean soon.
    Nothing around now but tweakers and dopers, think there's nowhere left to go.
  • fogeater
    I can help it stop. Get rid of the gensets and use the sun only.  :)     I do not know where you live but many places like the southwest US really do not need a genset. Inverters will last a very long time Offgrid when they are surge protected, well grounded, decently cooled, and do not connect to a genset.

If one has to use a genset offgrid, I believe it is best to not use the charger built into the Inverter. 

If the CSW lasted from 2013 you did ok hardly used or not. Good Luck ! At least it is not winter ;)
    I never use genset.

I burn less than a gallon a year to keep cobwebs out. 

Gen is out of shed to test sw only.

I only used gen for 20 yrs because no solar was affordable!

I now only use solar for 20 years. Period.

Never had grid. Period.

Sw is not being used enough shouldn't be broken yet it's never had any use. PERIOD.

It sits connected to batts and outback cc. Enable off. I turn it on occasionally for a few hours with a few hundred watts and I turn it off. PERIOD. 

No gen no grid ever connected and ran. Period.

Solar on every day 365, gen 0 days. Period.

Batteries 25.2v on cold mornings no charge. cold 50f ever day period.

99.9%charged everyday. Period

Absorb 29.2 or 30v eq.

Last golf cart 232ah lasted 11 years. Period.

This sw has never seen temps in the 70-80f range even close to 90 f since I had it new from NAWS period.

It has never been heated enough to run fans. PERIOD.

Sits at a constant 49-51 f pretty much year round so it is practically preserved in time something is really not good with this situation for it to not work. This is a back up brand new inverter for 1500$ gosh darnt

• Dave Angelini
    The warranty on many types of electronics specify operating conditions that when outside the limits, can void the warranty.
    Warranty can also be void when not operating the electronics. It can be just as bad to let them sit. Schneider logs this BTW.

Your first posts talked about using generators. The advice you get here is only as good as what you write.

Since you are "at the end of the world"   I can't recommend a place to send the CSW for repair. There are a few places that repair from scavenged units or stocked parts that Schneider supplies them with.

• BB.
    BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,432 admin
    I have a list of past companies that repair AC inverters... I don't maintain the list--Other than if somebody tells me about another company that is unlisted:

https://forum.solar-electric.com/discussion/comment/241766#Comment_241766

The first step for any "computer based" appliance... Disconnect all power for 5 minutes (battery, AC, etc.) and then reboot. If problem continues, then (if applicable), reset to factory defaults and reboot. Then reprogram any parameters that you need for your installation.

-Bill
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset
  • Dave Angelini
    edited September 2021 #10
    Bill the reset to factory will not work for OP as there is no means to communicate with the Inverter. Nice Try!  I thought he had said the batteries were subbed and so I assumed he had DC cycled. 

• BB.
    BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,432 admin
    Oh well...

-Bill
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset
  • fogeater
    The warranty on many types of electronics specify operating conditions that when outside the limits, can void the warranty.
    Warranty can also be void when not operating the electronics. It can be just as bad to let them sit. Schneider logs this BTW.

Your first posts talked about using generators. The advice you get here is only as good as what you write.

Since you are "at the end of the world"   I can't recommend a place to send the CSW for repair. There are a few places that repair from scavenged units or stocked parts that Schneider supplies them with.

Never voided warrenty. Never let it sit long. Never overloaded. Never opened it up. They have little to no warranty support and ZERO post warranty. Customer service and support in india???? You can bet they log everything irrelevant and little else, BTW. Anti customer business, everything they asked was about nothing relevant and they asked invasive questions that did not pertain to installation, wasted hours of my time and they told me to spend more money on their garbage to see if it MIGHT work. They told me motherboard and they can't repair. Said it's unrepairable and to replace it with XW so I can get more terrible customer support five years from now. What a joke no way to run a business they are gonna go under in next decade the way the only cater to installer now in 2021!

Generator was to explain behavior of inverter in all potential states of operation, not just pushed button doesn't work. The advice is as good as the people giving it and their experience working with a very specific situation.

There is nothing here not even a stop light or Starbucks for an hour or more gas is $5.14. America is going straight down the toilet and Schneider is going with them. Nobody will even fix a car, no one touches anything solar or dc. Yuppies, crooks and cons...
  • fogeater
    Bill the reset to factory will not work for OP as there is no means to communicate with the Inverter. Nice Try!  I thought he had said the batteries were subbed and so I assumed he had DC cycled. 
    Schneider does not provide a means to comm with inverter or update they want more money!
  • fogeater
    BB. said:
    I have a list of past companies that repair AC inverters... I don't maintain the list--Other than if somebody tells me about another company that is unlisted:

https://forum.solar-electric.com/discussion/comment/241766#Comment_241766

The first step for any "computer based" appliance... Disconnect all power for 5 minutes (battery, AC, etc.) and then reboot. If problem continues, then (if applicable), reset to factory defaults and reboot. Then reprogram any parameters that you need for your installation.

-Bill
    Thanks for link Bill.
    Looked at thread found two options.
    So I emailed phantom and the inverter repair store. Seems like no one has Schneider parts not even them. Looks like thousands of miles away unfortunately but will see if they reply.
    Thanks for you time and knowledge as always, most appreciated. Thank you.
  • Dave Angelini
    edited September 2021 #15
    Post some pictures of your installation. That can be helpful.

I've sent alot of business to Wind and Sun over the decades. I really do not believe that they would sell you an inverter from Schneider, Outback ,or Magnum without a control panel unless you declined it. Modern electronics need to be controlled.

I have not had your experience with the United States or companies based here. You can always go back to candles and buy ice. :)

• fogeater
    Me too for years. They did not even mention it. I declined nothing!!!!! 

I really don't believe you know what you are talking about at all because they did not mention it and now you want to be a troll.... So helpful grow up.

They did and they suck for it and Schneider for selling stuff that cost thousands with out it because "modern electronics need to be controlled". You just proved my point precisely.

You must have been born on the grid or still live on the grid or have access to it daily... Why else would you act like this.

Do you live in LA? because ya act like some yuppie who knows and has everything. Drive that tesla off a cliff. You know where you can stick that candle Maybe you're gonna need the ice after.

I grew up without power, still have no power and people like you wanna mock me for it, sick chickens...people come here to learn and help each other and people like you ruin the planet!!!!!

Get a job, get a life and stop trolling people an grow up you evil sick person with your smiling emoji 🤣. 
    Where in America do you live Beverly hills or Huntington beach have some respect dang it!!!!!!!

Have you every burned candles or run a genset to survive?

• Photowhit
    Photowhit Solar Expert Posts: 6,002 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @BB.

Suggest you close this thread and toss this guy. He's not wanting help, just wants to cry and insult people.
    Home system 4000 watt (Evergreen) array standing, with 2 Midnite Classic Lites,  Midnite E-panel, Magnum MS4024, Prosine 1800(now backup) and Exeltech 1100(former backup...lol), 660 ah 24v Forklift battery(now 10 years old). Off grid for 20 years (if I include 8 months on a bicycle).
    - Assorted other systems, pieces and to many panels in the closet to not do more projects.
This discussion has been closed.