Grid Tie XW6848 but do not want AC Pass Through

Options
LimeyConch
LimeyConch Registered Users Posts: 6 ✭✭
Trying to get my XW6848 to just charge the batteries in Grid Tie mode, Do not want city power to go into the house, just help charge the batteries on cloudy days. Have Grid Tie Enabled and set to 48.5, not sure if this is the correct voltage? Want to use my PV and Batteries for my house power only. Keeps showing AC Pass Through on my SCP?

Comments

• RCinFLA
    RCinFLA Solar Expert Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2021 #2
    Options
    I don't believe there is specific way to do what you are asking.  You're asking inverter to output AC power to house but input AC power for charging at the same time.  Inverter is bi-directional but only one way at an instant in time.

Best you can do is back down the max grid input current limit on AC1_in to only cover charging current and do load shaving with inverter. That may not prevent overdischarging batteries.

What you want is only take power from grid if battery gets too low state of charge.  At that point you will be powering house and battery charging from grid which is logical since you don't have battery capacity left to run house.  This is what load shaving does.

There is no way for inverter to limit the amount of charging based on future possible PV power for charging.
  • LimeyConch
    LimeyConch Registered Users Posts: 6 ✭✭
    Options
    Yes, right now with full sun on the PV i a still using way too much grid power, trying to do just what you mentioned, use grid for battery charging and run the systems if the batteries get to the low set point. Will change some of the settings to see if i can get better results.