Q: Xantrex SW5548 Always Back to Defaults After Disconnecting Power?

Options
ETS1001
ETS1001 Registered Users, Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 9 ✭✭
Hi All,

For those who are familiar with the Xantrex SW5548 inverters...Are they supposed to default some of the user settings after a power down?

I noticed a setting like Low Batt Cut Out sets back to 44vdc after I power doen the units to do maintenance or add a battery string.

Is this the way they are supposed to behave? I have the manual but could not find any reference to it.

Not knowing, this got me into a bit of trouble after I powered back up and I thought everything was fine.

Thanks,
ETS

Comments

• BB.
    BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,439 admin
    Options
    No expert on Xantrex (or other hardware)--But if I recall correctly, the older units you could "adjust" parameters in the setup menues--But you had to go to the SAVE menu to actually "write the present configuration" to permanent storage.

If you did not do a save/write to memory, a reboot would reset back to the last stored configuration.

-Bill
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset
  • Ralph Day
    Ralph Day Solar Expert Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I used to have a Xantrex SW4048, 2004 vintage.  IIRC if you cycled the dc power off there was no non-volatile (?)memory, so everything went back to defaults.  I always had a clipboard with the settings written down nearby.  As the years went by the settings clipboard might not have been updated, yeah, definitely weren't updated.  

Once tech support gave me instructions on programming beyond the usual, but told me to forget how to do that...so I did.
  • RCinFLA
    RCinFLA Solar Expert Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No eeprom to save settings.  First unit to save settings was SW5548plus.