Insight-home

latinhawk
latinhawk Registered Users Posts: 36 ✭✭
I just got a new Insight-home gateway. For several years I have been using the Conext Combox. The equipment works fine locally but it wont communicate with the cloud. I have tried everything I can think of to no avail. My Combox never had cloud communications problems even after the transition to the new insight website. Any ideas on how to make it work?

Comments

• Dave Angelini
    Dave Angelini Solar Expert Posts: 6,730 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    You probably are going to have upload some screen shots. The one below is basic, are you getting that?

"we go where power lines don't" Sierra Nevada mountain area
       htps://offgridsolar1.com/
    E-mail offgridsolar@sti.net

• latinhawk
    Thanks Dave. I I'm on version 1.09. Different screen than yours.
  • latinhawk
    I upgraded to 1.12. Time and date are correct but it marks them red.
  • latinhawk
    When I try to create the site on insightcloud.se.com all the fields are correctly filled in but the create button doesn't work. 
  • Dave Angelini
    Recheck your time setting in Insght home. It has to be configured for your region. Nothing will work if time is not correct. Good Luck!

• latinhawk
    Puerto Rico is not available. I am using Canada Atlantic time which is -4 the same as us.
  • latinhawk
    I just changed to La Paz same -4 time and it accepted it. However says no cloud connection string present.
  • latinhawk
    Eventually after much trying I left it alone and it started working correctly. I just installed a second 60-150 schneider charge controller. I can see them individually on Insight gateway local. The only thing that baffles me now is that on the main screen in power flow it only shows 1 charge controller instead of the two that I can see on the devices screen. If anyone can tell if that is by design or if there is some additional setting to adjust. Thanks.
  • Dave Angelini
    By design. You have to dig deeper to find the screen with just the mppt's. Hurricane coming your way?

• latinhawk
    Thanks the lord it missed us this time. I know there is a way to adjust the battery voltage to match a meter. Right now one controller is slightly off the reading of the other. Tomorrow will be the test day. It was almost sundown when everything was done.