Float switch bypass

Options
bbbuddy
bbbuddy Solar Expert Posts: 135 ✭✭✭
I'm installing a Grundfos sqflex pump, io101, cu200, and float switch, but I'm having trouble envisioning how to bypass the float switch to keep the pump running when my 3,000 gallon gravity water tank is full.  I want to use the pump by closing an inlet valve to the tank and irrigate using the pump pressure/water flow to an irrigation system.

My old brain is having trouble with the wiring bypass, I thought the float switch just sent a small electrical signal to the cu200, but in watching a float switch video it seems the entire pump load is sent through the float switch wires?  I don't have it in hand with directions.
I had thought I could use a breaker to cut off the float switch when I don't need it.  Will the pump then keep running?
Magnum4024PAE, 2 Midnite Classic 150s, 3100watts solar, 432ah lifepo4 battery.  Off grid since 2004.

Comments

• wellbuilt
    wellbuilt Solar Expert Posts: 763 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don’t think it could run the power thru the float switch ? 
     The wires for the well are 10g it would be a expensive switch if It did that , and you would not need the cu200 if that was the case you could just run the switch in the power cable ?
     I’m thinking the pump switch must be powered in the down position so a breaker in the float cable should work . 
    Out back  flex power one  with out back 3648 inverter fm80 charge controler  flex net  mate 16 gc215 battery’s 4425 Watts solar .
  • wellbuilt
    Options
    There you go 
    Out back  flex power one  with out back 3648 inverter fm80 charge controler  flex net  mate 16 gc215 battery’s 4425 Watts solar .
  • bbbuddy
    bbbuddy Solar Expert Posts: 135 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2021 #4
    Options
    Thank you, the float switch explanation I saw was W.R.O.N.G.    
    Magnum4024PAE, 2 Midnite Classic 150s, 3100watts solar, 432ah lifepo4 battery.  Off grid since 2004.
  • wellbuilt
    Options
    👍  good luck with your project