Clipping issues with Enphase IQ7 paired with LG NEONS 335, How to solve this issue?

Options
dks1
dks1 Registered Users Posts: 20 ✭✭
How to solve clipping issues with ENPHASE IQ7???

Comments

• Ralph Day
    Ralph Day Solar Expert Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Not sure if it's pertinent, but my enphase installation was having clipping issues when first installed.  The 10kw was being clipped down to about 6kw.  The production curve display would rise until mid morning, then there would be up down, up down hash happening until late afternoon.  The top of the curve would be hacked off sort of.  Voltage and/or frequency out of range messages.  The utility power would measure out at least to 250 - 255vac or so.  High in other words.

Enphase worm hole-ed into my inverters via the Envoy and re-programmed the inverters to change their grid profile and accept voltage up to their design limit .  The settings shows "IEEE 1547 Mainland Alternate".  That solved the clipping issues.  Worth investigating as it costs nothing to get Enphase to get set up properly.  I don't think it's something you can change yourself, installer or Enphase has to do it.  Check your "selected grid profile" through the settings page of your Enlighten Manager site.

Good luck
  • dks1
    dks1 Registered Users Posts: 20 ✭✭
    Options
    Ralph Day said:
    Not sure if it's pertinent, but my enphase installation was having clipping issues when first installed.  The 10kw was being clipped down to about 6kw.  The production curve display would rise until mid morning, then there would be up down, up down hash happening until late afternoon.  The top of the curve would be hacked off sort of.  Voltage and/or frequency out of range messages.  The utility power would measure out at least to 250 - 255vac or so.  High in other words.

Enphase worm hole-ed into my inverters via the Envoy and re-programmed the inverters to change their grid profile and accept voltage up to their design limit .  The settings shows "IEEE 1547 Mainland Alternate".  That solved the clipping issues.  Worth investigating as it costs nothing to get Enphase to get set up properly.  I don't think it's something you can change yourself, installer or Enphase has to do it.  Check your "selected grid profile" through the settings page of your Enlighten Manager site.

Good luck
    Wow that was in-depth! Thank you so much! Highly appreciated🙇🏻